Hi everyone. My mother is been using these pills for a while now and the last time I've been to visit her she seemed very strange. She got promoted a month ago and lately everybody says she is kind of distracted. I noticed that. A couple of days ago I was at her apartment, came to visit her. She asked me if I want coffee, I said yes. After a couple of minutes she came back with a tea. I didn't say anything, but that was strange. She sat next to and took one Qsymia pill. We talked but she looked like she wasn't listening to me. An hour later, I was just about to go when I saw her taking another Qsymia pill. I said to her ‘’Mom what was that about? You already took a pill an hour ago’’ . She was like ‘’ I know what I need to take and when[…]’’. She is a very independent woman and she doesn't want me to help her with anything, she’s been like that all her life. I am really worried about her, she is acting strange. Does anybody know what is the recommended dosage for these pills? I need to check her.

Qsymia is suppose to be taken once daily. It is recommended in the morning because if you take it later you may have some problems with sleeping.

The general recommended starting dosage is 3.75 mg/23 mg (phentermine 3.75 mg/topiramate 23 mg ). After 14 days this dosage can be increased to 7.5 mg/46 mg, again, once daily.

If the patient after 12 weeks of treatment hasn’t lost at least 3% of his/her body weight, then it is time to either stop using Qsymia or increase the dosage again.

If you decide to increase dosage it should be to Qsymia 11.25 mg/69 mg.

Aidan you are such a lovely guy. Hope my children will care for me some day as you care for your mother. I wouldn’t worry if I were you though. She is probably just preoccupied and that new work position is something she is still adapting to. And we all start forgetting stuff at some point. So I wouldn’t give the mistaken tea much importance.

As for your question, the Aristotle40 said it right. To escalate this dose of 7.5 mg/46 mg you should take it up to 11.25 mg/69 mg daily for 14 days, followed by dosing 15 mg/92 mg. If you don’t lose at least 5% of your baseline body weight with the 15 mg/92 mg dosage, you should discontinue using this.