How can I make the difference between allergy and rash that was caused by something else? I have 6 years old son and 10 months old baby. How can I recognize if my elder son has got measles or something if I can notice just skin rash? Do you make the difference between childrens rashes? Please give me an advice. Thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no a recipe for identification of skin rash. Especially viral rashes, it is sometimes impossible to make the difference between chicken pox that appeared as several spots and insect bites. But fever is common to occur in chicken pox, so that can be from help for the diagnosis. Fifth disease starts with ‘slapped cheeks’ and spread later on trunk and arms. Roseola often occurs after moderate fever. Some children have heat rash as a reaction on sweating, clothing and heat. I know that it is not easy for you and I can imagine how worried you are because of baby. Wish you all the best.