I had plastic surgery on my forehead about a year ago for a medical condition I had since birth in which calcium deposits appeared down my forehead. I had them removed and now I am left with a scar down my forehead. I have been using Scar Guard, Mederma, and Silicone sheets to reduce the appearance of the scar,but i still do not like the way it appears. Is there any treatment that I can have done, laser or surgical to totally erase the scar?

Thank you

Well there a re few ways to minimize the scars or maybe try to remove them. My mother had accident and after she had recovered she had few nasty scars on her face. First she had a dermabrasion treatment and this is the procedure in which a dermatologist using a wire brush to sand off the top layer of your skin. This helped her to remove scar tissue that has been hardened and this is also allowing softer tissue to show through. The dermatologist said that this procedure can also reduce pigmentation issues. 

You can also have a laser treatment. We heard that it is non-invasive and you'll be entirely healed within a week. Several treatments are usually needed to gain the best results so if you have money maybe this is the best and fastest way of getting rid of your scars. 

Let us know what procedure did you choose and were you satisfied with the results. 

i had a small mole the size of the tiniest freckle on the front of my forehead removed because it was growing i guess. my doctor just froze the spot in her office and sliced it off. when i got home i took the band aid off to see it and was horrified!!! there was this deeeeep hole in the center of my freakin head!! I tried to tell myself that when it heals it will all close up and be even, but nooooo! there is a deep crator there now the size of the eraser on the end of a pencil and a nickle's width deep!!! What might u sugguest we do about this here???

i would recommend you to try INVICIBLE SCARS for scars.I myself am experienced to scars.… I had these scars and some dark spots at the somatic regions of my body. they became permanent and never disappeared. Believe me I tried tonnes of products to make them vanish but was always disappointed.I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff you get at CVS, but it didn’t incredibly work. . After doing tremendous researches , I finally found INVICIBLE SCARS …I consulted everyone . I even asked my dermatologist what she thought and she agreed. it is a hypoallergenic scar treatment. Since it does not contain common skin irritants like preservatives and fragrances, it is far less likely to cause a break-out than most other scar care products do. I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time as it has lightened that portion upto a great extent.. Consult the website if you want any more details.it's great for all kinds of scars... check in your scar type if you wish ... the website's great for your guide...i've tried mederma ...it's not effective i know ....

i would recommend you to try INVICIBLE SCARS for scars.I myself am experienced to scars.… I had these scars and some dark spots at the somatic regions of my body. they became permanent and never disappeared. Believe me I tried tonnes of products to make them vanish but was always disappointed.I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff you get at CVS, but it didn’t incredibly work. . After doing tremendous researches , I finally found INVICIBLE SCARS …I consulted everyone . I even asked my dermatologist what she thought and she agreed. it is a hypoallergenic scar treatment. Since it does not contain common skin irritants like preservatives and fragrances, it is far less likely to cause a break-out than most other scar care products do. I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time as it has lightened that portion upto a great extent.. Consult the website if you want any more details.it's great for all kinds of scars... check in your scar type if you wish ... the website's great for your guide...i've tried mederma ...it's not that effective i know ....

I have a surgical scar down my forehead too. I tried 6 treatments of fraxel restore, 1 of deep fx co2, and 2 needling (tatoo gun) with no success. For temporary fix i recently bought dermaflage to fill in the indent because it's appararent when light hits it and a dark shadow appears where the incision was. I think i would need a scar revision or something to fill in the pit. Laser treatments were good for pigmentation but did nothing for the shape. Good luck and i hope u find a good solution or make peace with it. If u do find a way to fix it please let me know.

I am asian with oily skin. If u are caucasian with really fair skin, you should heal better and might have better success with laser. Go with an aggressive one not like fraxel restore as it was a big waste of money and didnt do a thing.

Hi, eliz!
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use