I just found out that I am pregnant using home pregnancy-test. I've been using mederma on my face for acne scars lately, and I want to know if I can keep using it. I've heard that you can't use acne products during pregnancy but since mederma is not a acne product, I am guessing there should be no problem. I still would like to make sure though.. just in case. Does anyone know?

Since Mederma does not contain any ingredients that can be harmful to a fetus it can be used during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.

;-)

Mederma is one of the products that is not used only for treating acne scars, but also for prevention and treatment of stretch marks, so it is fairly safe to be used in pregnancy. Most women do use some product to prevent stretch marks and they use it on far bigger skin areas than just the acne scars, so I would say that it’s safe to use.

The main active ingredient in mederma is onion extract and this substance really shouldn’t have any negative side effects on either your pregnancy or the development of the baby. Besides this, there should be a clear written warning if the product shouldn’t be used during pregnancy, but I think that this one is considered to be safe.