Hello there I had breast surgery in January 2005 and the scar tissue still remains. Does anybody have recommendations for scar removal, as it still hurts from time to time and I have tried Mederma and other topical creams with no results.
Please advise of clinics that specialize in this procedure in Toronto Ontario.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
Listless

IF YOUR SCARS ARE RED AND RAISED, YOU ARE VERY LIKELY DEVELOPING HYPERTROPHIC SCARS AS I DID. THE MOST EFFECTIVE TREATMENT I'VE HAD SO FAR IS TREATMENT WITH THE PULSE DYE LASER (V-BEAM), BUT I BELIEVE I COULD HAVE HAD BETTER RESULT IF I HAD STARTED SOONER... MY PLASTIC SURGEON INSISTED I WAIT A YEAR, BUT I HAVE SINCE READ INFO THAT SAYS THE LASER SHOULD BE DONE SOONER TO HAVE A BETTER RESULT. STEROID (TRIAMCINOLONE) INJECTIONS ALSO HELP, BUT INSIST THEY START TREATMENT RIGHT AWAY. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH MEDERMA, SCARGUARD OR MOST OVER-THE-COUNTER JUNK OUT THERE. IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE MY SURGERY AND I'M STILL SEEKING HELP TO FADE MY SCARS. P.S.... THE LASER TREATMENT IS NOT CHEEP, BUT INSURANCE MAY HELP...BUT, TELL THEM THE TREATMENT NEEDS TO BE DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND DON'T LET THEM DRAG IT OUT WITH REVIEWS AND APPROVALS THAT TAKE FOREVER!

I'm guessing your scar is red and possibly raised. At any rate, if it is red and it is the redness that is bothering you the most; which I have a large area red scar on my skin. I think this scar, although unsightly, can benefit very well with treatment. What I suggest before you start with a dye pulse laser is to simply try a scar minimizing polyurethane patches, you can pick them up in health and beauty sections. I've been applying this patch to a non-healing red scar (after 2 years maturing), after 3 weeks, a quarter section of the entrie redness spontaneously turned to normal skin color. I believe that it's certainly possible that all this redness will fade with a conservative approach such as this. If this approach turns out to be temporary (after normal skin color regenerates in scar, and then regresses back to red color say after 1 month after complete treatment). Then perhaps you can try cosmetic camouflage, tattooing with your skin pigment(although this might not look exactly like your skin, but closer than brick red color, and probably not very noticeable) or even pulsed dye laser (to get rid of the capillaries and what not, just below the surface). However, lasers have not been proven to be a permanent solution to vascular (red) lesions, you may have to get laser treatment again in the future.

I had a breast removal and reconstruction,This caused alot of scar tissue.So bad that I thought that I was having a stroke.
I teach yoga at a Wellness Center for woman (Cancer Survivors).
With the yoga breath,precise and compassionate poses we are managing to break up the scar tissue.
Being aware of our body outside and inside we use the breath to release from the inside out.
My pain has stopped almost completely and the scars on the outside are soft and have small fine lines.

Hi, I have quite some experience with treating my own scars and I would recommend to indulge in non invasive treatments such as silicone sheets before you opt for more invasive treatments like laser.

Research (although little) has shown silicone sheets to be more suitable for relative fresh scars because they prevent hypertrophic (red and raised) and keloid (out of wound boundaries growing) scars whereas this is not proven for polyurethane dressings. Here's some more info on breast surgery scars.

same case was with my sissy.... she had this scar issue when she had breast surgery...she too tried tonnes of remedies and products that never worked.... But there's this cousin who's a pharmaceutist who recommended this cream INVICIBLE SCARS... the results are really impressive as it has faded the texture of her scar.... Since it does not contain common skin irritants like preservatives and fragrances, it is far less likely to cause a break-out than most other acne scar care products do.... she's really very much satisfied with it.... i'd suggest you to try this product but first consult the website for your scar type ...GOOD LUCK :)