I am 32 years old man. My father has died from cancer on his bladder. I am scared that it might happen to me. Can I get more information about urinary system? How does it works? What is urea?

If you visit your urologist regularly you don't have to be worried that you will have the same cancer like your father. As long as you are being examined you are ok. Now, I will try to give you basic information about urinary system. The urinary system includes two kidneys, two ureters, the bladder, two sphincter muscles and the urethra. Your body takes nutrients from food and uses them to maintain all bodily functions. The urinary system works with the lungs, skin, and intestines to keep the chemicals and water in your body balanced. After your body has taken what it needs from the food, waste products are left behind in the blood and in the bowel. Adults eliminate about a quart and a half of urine each day and the amount depends on many factors, like the amounts of fluid and food a person consumes and how much fluid is lost through sweat and breathing. The urinary system removes from your body a type of waste called urea. Urea is produced when foods containing protein, such as meat and certain vegetables, are broken down in the body.