i would like to know if starting menopause has anything to do with all of a sudden totally breaking out on my chin?

I have the same problem - I know that I am going thru perimenopausal and have learned to control hot flashes etc. what I can not control is my chin breaking out - driving me crazy. I've researched solutions on the internet and have followed doctors advice but nothing works. Any suggestions on how to control this problem thru this wonderful period of my life!!!

I only have a suggestion for pimples - if something simmilar is erupting on your chin. A colleague who had suffered from severe pimples covering most part of her face from her teenage years told me this : That all the conventional treatments from skin specialists, homeopathy and ayurveda (this was Delhi, India) had not worked for her for over a decade and her face and skin became more and more disfugered from violent pimple eruptions. Then someone suggested the following, and she followed, with spectacular results - her condition becoming manageable : she kept with her at all times a small bottle of common eau-de-cologne (in India available for less than the equivalent of 1 US $). She would wash out her face with soap and water anytime she was in the bathroom. She would dip eau-de-cologne on cotton wool and scrub her face with it several times a day at her desk, in the kitchen or in her bedroom. The idea was to keep her face oil-free as much as possible. Her advisor said excessive oiliness of her facial skin was causing this problem. In her case he was right.

We get pimples/acne from hormonal changes, menopause is certainly a hormonal change, as is being a teenager.

The only cure is to balance your hormones, start using bioidenticl creams or estrogen/progesterone pills. Or you can wait......I waited for 2-3 years, finally in desperation I went to my OBGYN and got the hormone cream, instant relief.

I've been doing bio identical hormone replacement therapy for 3 years and have loved everything about it except the occasional cycles of zits. I feel great, have endless energy and am able to make lean muscle mass relatively quick at the gym. The pimples, however, are not so great...from cystic big ones at my chin and jaw line to a smattering of small ones all over my checks and forehead. Here's what my doctor has me on that has finally worked: Spironolactone 50 mg. twice a day, an additional low dose antibiotic for 10 days only, Cleocin T antibiotic solution rubbed on my face twice a day, Differin topical cream at night on the affected areas, oil free moisturizer for the dry areas (yes, I have those, too.) He also adjusted my bi-est a little higher and changed it to oral instead of cream. Progesterone stayed the same at 100mg. cream once at night. Life is good these days...clear skin! Just in time to visit my boyfriend in Florida where it's hot, sultry and makeup is not much of an option!