One of my friends from school has hair on her palms and chin, like she is guy. She says that her condition is called hirsutusm?! She also has acne on her face, oily skin and excess hair. I feel very sorry for her. What is wrong with her? Is this disease or what?

Hirsutism in women is the growth of hair in a typical male distribution and it may grow on the chin, upper lip, and side of the face, breasts, stomach and thighs. Hirsutism is a problem for a lot of women. hirsutism a sign of a serious hormone abnormality that requires further investigation. Male hormones causing hair growth in females come from three sources: the adrenal glands, the ovaries and from fat which converts other hormones to male ones. I am not a doctor but I guess that acne oily skin and excess hair are also problems related to hormone imbalance. She should see a doctor and get some therapy for this.