Hi, this is SO embarrassing but I have pimples/acne on my buttocks. I have never had any sexual experiences so I know it isn't an STD, and I am wondering how to treat them. Sometime they can be very painful and bleed. I sit a LOT because I am a student and have a lot of studying and reading that needs to get done. Will someone please give me a suggestion as to how to clear them up besides exercising because I have been doing a lot of that recently and it is helping slightly, but I'd like a soap or hygienic product I can use to clear these irritating pimples up. Thanks!

This is a problem that happens to almost anyone who is forced to spend long time sitting - there just is no way to avoid friction between the clothe and skin follicles which get inflamed and cause pimples. And sweat is the major factor that contributes to this problem. So, after exercising, make sure you shower immediately to minimize the possibility that sweat will make thing worse. You should use some antibacterial soap - ask your pharmacist abut it, its the same one used for the face acne. Or if problem gets so annoying, visit a dermatologist so he could prescribe you some antibacterial cream that will prevent follicles from getting inflamed.

Have you tried that lotion for butt acne? I think it is actually called Butt Acne Clearing Lotion to be exact.  I don't personally have this problem but my best friend does. It worked for her. She said you have to stop scrubbing and washing them because it just aggrevates them and makes them more noticible. Instead just apply the lotion. I hope this works I know she was always dealing with this problem and is now going to the beach with me this weekend for the first time in a bathing suit!! Tell me if it works for you.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use