hi there.... I have a friend who is on remicade and the drug methotrexate, because she has junior Rhematory arthritis... she is two months late for her period and she has never been that late before... she took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. could remicade or the methotrexate have any affect on a home pregnancy test. (or her menstral cycle?)

*********thanks for your help.

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Methotrexate is used in abortion procedures, it causes a fetus to die in utero, so it would be unlikely that she could be pregnant, but not impossible.

It would not affect a pregnancy test, if she was pregnant it should show up.

Methotrexate is also used to help remove ectopic pregnancies without surgery.

I WAS TAKING METHOTREXATE AND I HAD A POSTIVE PREGNANCY TEST, I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT. 2WKS LATER I HAD A MISCARRAGE. SO IF YOU ARE PREGNANT IT WILL NOT LAST LONG BEFORE THE FETUS DIE. SORRY!! BUT LIKE ICEBREAKER SAID IT IS USE FOR ABORTION, ECTOPIC PREGNANCIES. YOU HAVE TO STOP TAKING IT 3-6 BEFORE YOU GET PRENANT