Last month had the signs and symptoms of an early pregnancy. It was like a week late, took a home pregnancy test. Yeah pregnant! Made the appointment with the doctor but found out I really wasn't. My period came almost a week after that. Now I am almost 2 weeks late and have this feeling that I am pregnant, you know that instinct. I am showing some symptoms that I could be but it also could be menstrual ones. I am scared to take a home test because of what happened last time. Anyone have any suggestions?

In cases such as chemical pregnancies, where there is no lasting pregnancy, the woman may not have even known she was ever pregnant and go on to lead an otherwise normal life.

Even still, studies using very sensitive early pregnancy tests have found that 25% of pregnancies are miscarried by the sixth week since the woman's Last Menstrual Period.

unfortunately, it is rather common, usually in the womans first pregnancy.

But I would strongly encourage you take a test! The longer you wait before you find out whether you have conceived, the less time you have to prepare for the arrival of your bundle of joy! Please don't let past experiences haunt you.