I seem to be having herniated disc condition –that is at least what I was told back there by my physical therapist and he prescribed me some meds –pain relievers and have also advised me to try with some non surgical herniated disc treatment such as cold or heat therapy. Can anybody tell me something about this treatment and is there some other herniated disc treatment that could be of help for the pain I feel is unbearable.

Cold or heat therapy is actually about applying cold and warm packs to relieve the pain.
But you could try to treat your herniated disc with electrical stimulation that is known as TENS procedure –transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and this in not invasive procedure and it works on blocking pain fibers therefore blocks the pain. You may try with this also but I know that these non surgical herniated disc treatment are not effective on the long run for my dad tried them all and hi tried also some non invasive treatment called chemonucleolysis but the results failed so he decided to have some surgery in fact he had laminotomy when the part of the lamina that pressurizes the nerve is being removed –so basically this compressed nerve have caused him herniated disc so the root of his problem was actually determined and his pain stooped. Basically whenever it comes to herniated disc the main cause needs to be found out and therefore the proper treatment and in my dad's case laminotomy was the right choice.