I know this may sound weird, but for the past few months I've had what feels like a hot feeling "inside" my head.
It feels like it's burning up from the inside but when I take my temperature it's normal.

I'm confused about this. Does anyone else have it or know what it may be caused by?

I am in recovery from anorexia at the moment so it may be related. I don't know.

It's just irritating because I don't know what's wrong.

I went to the doctor and they told me to keep a diary of it.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

xx

I have a 14 year old daughter that has been complaining her head, throat and upper chest are burning up. When I touch her anywhere on the face, neck, ears or forehead she seems to be on the cool side. The longer the episode the cooler her skin becomes. She has also been suffering from abdominal pain and constant nausea 24/7. We have been through so many tests that I fear for a cure. Does anyone have similar things going on.
momlookingforthecure

I TOO FEEL THE SAME SINCE MORE THAN ACOUPLE OF YEARS.IAM A DEPRESSED INDVIDUAL IN EARLY 5OS. MARRIED WITH 3 TEENAGE CHILDREN. AS I READ ON NET THE CAUSE MIGHT BE DUE TO TUMOR IN BRAIN OR SIMILAR TO THAT I PRESUME.IT IS DEFINETLY A PSYCHO NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER.

S.CHANDRA, CHENNAI INDIA

I TOO HAVE THIS BURNING HOT SENSATION IN MY HEAD AND FACE. ALSO IN MY LOWER LEGS. I FEAR THIS IS SOME SORT OF PARASITE AND MY DOCTORS CAN FIND NOTHING. I FEAR I WILL NEVER FIND OUT. DAUGHTER IS ALSO HAVING BURNING SENSATIONS, I BELIEVE I MUST HAVE PASSED IT TO HER.

I'm experiencing that burning feeling inside my brain right now.  I woke up very depressed this morning, had a very bad dream and didn't get out of bed until after 10.  I'm really tired of suffering w/depression.  I lost my job because of depression in March of this year (2012).  I was still positive that I would find another job but Im still unemployed.  What really scares me are my moods that I can't control.  Like today I woke up so depressed, my head hurt like heck and so did my back neck so I thought it was stress.  I am not on any medication, nor do I do any illegal drugs.  I'm trying hard to eat better and take vitamins like vitamin D2 and D3 and multi-high potency vitamin B.  I can't afford health insurance, I can't afford to even go grocery shopping and I fear going outside for a walk because I'm sad and I don't want anyone to know that I'm sad.  I really wish I could die.  Does anybody know what that warm or hot burning feeling inside the brain is caused by?  I wonder if more of Serotonin or Neurepenphrine is being depleted.  What is going on w/my body?

Have you ever found out what this is? I am having the same problem. No insurance so I cannot get an MRI. The doctor wants me to get one but it is not happening.

If you're burning up in the head but do not have a viral fever, then it is usually due to a bodily deprivation of some sort. Sometimes it is due to insomnia or dehydration. Remember that stress can cause difficulty sleeping which can cause your head to start feeling like it's burning up when combined with the stress of the day. It varies per person and really depends on your lifestyle, age and can depend on what you may have or what you've been diagnosed with previously. I recommend taking control of your life by making the small steps that really add up. Take a little extra time to drink water at various times of the day, because this can make the burning up worse and slow down before bed. Take a little time in your day to slow down and think a positive thought. Close your eyes and listen to a nice sound occur for a few minutes without thinking about anything. It's like relaxing in the rest room. Turn your current room into a break room that you are perfectly welcome to relax in and take a break from life's involvement. It helped me a lot to picture being up in space overlooking the earth, because if you try to see people, society and your problems from up there, you can't see them. It's simply silent and peaceful. Problems are small with time and distance and we can take a little extra time to take care of ourselves and each other. There is time to solve things, and one solution is to take the extra step in good health.  Hope this helps if you're suffering from insomnia, stress or dehydration. Drink fluids and relax. :)

I HAVE THE VERY SAME FEELING ,MY DR SAYS I HAVE OCITABLE NEURALGIA , I KNOW MY SPELLING IS NOT QUITE CORRECT ,BUT THIS HAS BEEN VERY VERY HARD THING TO COPE WITH ! I USE AMITRIPITLYN FOR A BETTER NIGHT OF LAYING ON MY HEAD AND IVE BEEN SEEING A CHIROPACTOR WHICH HELPS ! I STILL SUFFER THIS HEAD PAIN AND HEAT! I DID SEE A PAIN SPECIALIST AND GOT SOME INJECTIONS IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD TO CLAM DOWN THE NERVES ,THIS ALSO HELP

My partner's symptoms of burning all over head have been attributed to neuropathy from diabetes. I can feel his head is hot to the touch but he has no fever. I strap a huge cold pack to his head; this is the only thing that helps. He might have to increase his gabapentin (neurontin) intake too. He has no "body deprivation" as the author mentions above and I would read the advice above as largely hokum. breathing is something i recommend however as it generally keeps one alive......

If you are taking Benedryl (or diphenhydromine) you should stop taking it for a month and see what happens. I was taking this for sleep and my Doctor told me to quit taking this OTC med.

People who are under weight may take a higher dose than their weight  can tolerate

Well I have gone through a similar situation where I was depressed because I was pregnant, a single mom to a 9yr old and without a job or a penny in my pocket I felt like I had fallen to the lowest possible it was horrible having nothing to give to my daughter but thanks to God there was alwayssomebody that gave me a hand it didn't happen overnight but now I have a handsome 1yr old and a beautiful 10yr old and we have nothing more than what we need to get through day by day I have suffered from depression for almost 8yrs and its awful but we can survive you just take one hour at a time

I am feeling hot alot of the time, especially near my brain.

Just a wild guess, Electromagnetic radiation?

Just a suggestion, I have no idea though, I just know that Electromagnetic radiation witch is everywhere in this day and age, Can have thermal Effects on biological tissue from my understanding.

I'm not a doctor. I know you can get free mental health as well as free medical. With you stating you really wish you could die, I am worried about you. Do you have family or close friends? I think you should consult a doctor and they can help you with the issues you are having. I believe they are probably all connected. God Bless and I will pray you get the help you need.

I had a MRI several years ago for my symptoms, and it turned out to be Arnold Chari Malformation, Type I.