Is there anyone with serious headache especially when lying down to give me some advice over this issue? It all started this year –I never had no such headaches before and now my headaches are frequent and affects my eye and forehead area in such strong and painful manner that even my eye area kind of swells and nothing helps with my headache even when lying down –and the pain persist for up to 2 or 3 hours. I really need some help on this for I started to think it could be some brain related condition so what do you think this could be.

I bet this is cluster headache according to your symptoms-my mom had frequent headaches even when lying down –usually headache gets better when lying down but it is not the case in cluster headache so since I know how unbearable its pain could be there is no other way out except taking some tabs right after you are diagnosed properly. My mom is taking prednisone and it works almost instantly though only partially removing the pain and reducing cluster headache symptoms so when prednisone is taken it is even possible have some normal sleep. And also you may try with taking orally some corticosteroids –my mom started using it recently and it turned out they are very effective in stopping cluster headaches if taken at its very beginning.

I have similar symptoms.
If I lie on my side it feels worse on the back of my head
If you dont put any pressure where your neck area is when you lie down(put pillow under the top end of your head where the skull is) do you feel better?

I have never posted to this site before and would welcome any suggestions. I have had daily headaches for 7 years. They usually occur after lying down for 2-3 hours. They wake me in the middle of the night and do not go away on their own. I take Zomig at night before going to bed as a preventative. This will allow me to sleep until about 5am. A headache wakes me at that time. I need to drink a VERY strong cup of expresso coffee or take another Zomig immediately. This doesn't work all the time but sometimes. If I don't do this the headache will not stop and the Zomig or Imitrex will not work regardless of how much I take. I have had pretty much every test imaginable and have tried many drugs as preventatives. I do occasionally get another headache during the day. Coffee doesn't help that one. I need to take another Zomig. I think I could deal with the headaches mid day but waking with a headache every day has become unbearable. If someone is or was going through this please comment.
Thank you
Denik

I used to have similar headaches and after extensive medical examinations which didn't provide any concrete answers, I tried Bowen Therapy. The discovery made was that it was an issue with my jaw being out of place. By lying down, the jaw retracted and caused pressure build up especially behind/above my right ear, ultimately causing the headache. By massaging my jaw in a way the Bowen Therapist showed me, these headaches have disappeared.

I get cluster headaches from corn starch. The more I eat the worse the headache. My point being make a journal of every food, activity, chemical, cleaner, etc that you come in contact with it really helped me. I still get the occasional headache, but I am much better now.

I have recently been getting headaches after being asleep for 3hrs. and get very little relief from pain tablets while laying down. I can sometimes wake up after attempting a nights sleep and feel terribly hungover even though I don't drink or do drugs. The headache can last for hours during the day and require asprins and T3s for relief. The only solution I have found is to sleep sitting up! I don't experience the headaches as long as I upright but through the course of the night I have to level out because my back starts to get uncomfortable. This then brings on a headache. I had an MRI, and nothing was found. My doctor seems unsure how to deal with this and passes everything of to stress. I've resorted to do my own research on these web sites.

This is the same problem I have please can anyone help

i have exactly similar situation as yours. My headache is only on the left side especially when i lay down on that side. It even affects my left ear (behind) and left eye. A travel pillow on my neck helped me sleep. I did MRI of the brain, neck and back. Nothing found which i'm thankful. My doctor gave me anti- anxiety medication to treat the pain and so it could relax me, because just like you said, my Doctor thought it's all because of stress. I think, i'm allergic to the anti anxiety medication because i vomit after i took it. Physical therapist helped by putting the right pressure behind my ear and warm packs on my back but it only relieved me for couple of days. When i get headaches again, i just do what the PT did to me and it kind of help too. I'm always tired. I hope it can help you in anyway.

The solution for most people is drink more water because of thick blood good luck

Idiopathic intracrainial hypertension is something to look into. Increased cerebral spinal fluid that causes these symptoms and gets worse when lying down. I am experiencing the same symptoms and I will be having a discussion with my doctor about testing for this. Best of luck and I hope everyone gets relief! This is horrible pain.

I went through the same things as said above. In the end I had an MRI and it was an oligodendroglioma grade 2. Have an mri to rest your worries.

Have you spoken to your doctor about Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension?

Your blood never gets "thick" because of not enough water unless you are in the midst of starving to death.

I have these same headaches from lying down. I suspect they are when my iron levels are low from anemia. I am still reseaeching .