I am 38 years old man, and my newly symptoms really made me confused. I have never had headaches before in my life. That’s why I am surprised with those I have noticed in last few months. I visited my doctor, thought it might be due to bad eye sight. He told me I have got cluster headache. Now I wonder if it is possible to happen in my ages, and also want to know more about cluster headaches.

Cluster headache has a prevalence of approximately 69 cases per 100,000 people, and is therefore far less common that migraine. Men are affected more commonly than women in proportion of 6:1. Most patients begin experiencing headache between the ages of 20 and 50 years, meanly 30 years. Anyway, the syndrome may begin as early as the first decade and as late as the eighth decade. Pain of cluster headache commences quickly, without warning, and reaches a crescendo within 2 to 15 minutes. It is often excruciating in intensity, and is deep, no fluctuating, and explosive in quality. Occasionally it might be as a pulsating. This one last for a few seconds and may occur once or several times in rapid succession. Paroxysmal pain usually heralds the end of an attack. The pain usually begins in, around, or above the eye or the temple. Occasionally it might start with the face, neck, ear, or hemicranium, which also may be affected. Many patients prefer to be upright and active when attack is in progress, but is reported with a frequency that is not high enough to be useful diagnostically.