i had the mirena put in and than i got it taken out , its been 6 months and i still have not had a period, help, anyone with the same problems, the doc says it ok but i've had issues with keiser not really caring for me properly...they have this thing that can giv me back my period i'm wondering if any tips, thanx sincerely ...

Im glad that other women are as confused as i am. I had the mirena fitted soon after my first baby now 2. Didn't seem to think i had that many probs but after reading on here maybe i did (the doctor didn't mention any of them).
I had it removed in early jan, bled for a couple of days and had nothing since!! whats going on. How are you supposed to work out when is the best time to get pregnant when nothings happening? anyone in the same boat??

i had merina coil for just over 6 months,it was the worse most painful thing i could ever have put my body through,so 2 months ago i had it removed...i had a period 2 days after and then as normal the following month[was very very heavy],but now iam 5 days late no sign of period[trying for my first baby]10 negative pregnancy tests later and still non the wiser, will i come on,am i pregnant..im getting so stressed out over worrying and moody i wish id never had the coil fitted ever! :-(
has anyone else experienced this???

Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago after suffering heavy, but regular (28 day) periods.

Have had intermittent bleeding, sharp pelvic pain, excess hair growth and acne since then.

Never had any problems before having the coil fitted but have now been diagnosed with PCOS.

And they claim there is no connection.......rubbish.

I had the mirena coil fitted when i was 50, i am now 57. I had it fitted due to heavy periods. Is there any effects of keeping the mirena coil fitted and leaving well alone as i have had no problems with it what so ever. I am un-sure wether to have it removed as i have read that people have lots of problems after removal. Please reply! Thanks :-)

I am 40 and had Mirena in for about 4 months, It was terrible, I bled constantly. I got fed up and had it removed just before October 08; I started bleeding 3 Oct, and i bled that entire month. Since then I have averaged two per month (10 months later), with very heavy bleedeing and painful symptoms. I smoke, so I can't take a pill.

My Gyn told me that around 10% of women with Mirena experience heavy/irregular bleeding, and I was in the lucky 10. Also, it takes some time to regulate after removal. However I feel 11 months and counting is extreme. Since then I'm on no BC (Though bleeding all the time is a good form!) and I've started taking a phyto-estrigen with a multi-vitamin. I'll see how that goes.

Can you tell me what a phyto-estrogen pill is? I amreally curious because I have never heard of it and it sounds very interesting. Can you let me know? Thanks!

I had the mirena for a year and i want it out. i have been having problems with it. Bad Periods, cramps are soo bad. My husband and I want to start trying again for #2. I am going to make an appt this week. I just want to ask if anyone had problems getting pregos after having it removed and was there any pain when it was being removed. I will never get the Mirena again it is soo bad. I always felt like i am pregos with it. Always had a headache, Cant fall asleep at night. I cant be like this with a two year running around. My husband is Iraq right now and will be home soon and we want to start trying as soon as he gets back so a month to get my body back do you think that is enough time? I have been reading alot of about the Mirena and ladies not being able to get pregos its scares me. I want this thing out of me i am always in pain!!!
thanks!

I had the mirena put in end of june 2007, developed cysts that appeared and then shrunk. I had ultrasounds every 3 months to check it, got my mirena out September 23rd and went back beginning of october and the cyst was gone!!! Mirena does have a side affect of cysts, even the commercial says so but also says "typically" disappear. Before having those cysts, I have never had them before!

hello to all i hope some 1 out there is readin this and thinkin i m like this ! i had the colil fitted in may then i had it removed in august due to the pain it was givin me but since i had it removed my periods are all over the place some times 39 day s some 29 and when ever they come its very painfull .And im now tryin for a baby i was just wondering how long it will b till my body sorts it self !

I was so upset to learn that you CAN have issues with your cycle after having it removed. I had no issues with it in and heard so much about how easy it was to get pregnant after having it removed and was even reassured with it was removed that I'd have no fertility issues.

My first period started 48 days later, came heavier and with CRAZY clotting which I found online some women had after removal. After 13 days with no sign of stopping, I called my doctor and got a prescription for 10mg provera to stop my period. It took a few days to taper off, one day with no bleeding, then the provera withdrawl bleed started. That lasted for 13 days, was just as heavy but tapered off. It has now been 46 days and I've been charting my temperature with no sign of ovulation.

How long does it take to get your cycles back? I'm only 28 and we were ready to start trying to conceive 3.5 months ago!

Hi, I had Mirena fitted and just a day later was in so much pain I went back to the clinic and they saw me as an emergency. The nurse told me it had been fitted in correctly and that these days that is a major part of women who have discomfort or heavy blleding. They took it out and refitted me. I have had it for 5 years and never had a period or pain. This week and it may be because of stress but I was so surprisd to have brown discharge clots when I wiped and in my Panties. I haved called NHS helpline, they say I need to see a dr....great help! so tomorrow making an appointment with dr and hoping all is ok. Also going to look into maybe having the copper t fitted after the email from the cancer survivor, who I send best wishes and happiness to. Will grill the dr to get better advice!

i had my coil removed in begining of feb and i am still heavlly bleeding. can some body please let me know if this is going to settle

I had my Mirena fitted in August 09 because of heavy periods/fibroids making me anaemic. It took 2 or 3 months to settle down- I was bleeding constantly although not too much. It settled to a point where every 2 weeks a would get a muddy smudge for a week. For the last last couple of months though I've started getting heavy periods again, cramps at any time in the month, constipation and have now found out that my blood pressure is up (never had a problem before even when pregnant) and during a check at my new GP they were worried because I have blood in my urine. Since having the coil fitted I have been very emotional which can be very awkward and embarassing. I have to see my new GP and will be discussing having it taken out, I'm fed up with it.

Hello.

I have had my coil in for nearly three years now. Doctor said about a year ago that it had moved and embedded into my uterus, which would not effect it although would be tricky when it comes to removal.
During intercorse recently i immediatly start spotting and bleeding lightly afterwards? Im wondering if the coil is being agrovated in some way?

I had the coil fitted primarily to help with bad periods and clotting, so now i worry that when it comes to having it removed i will have to face these symtoms again? (god help me!)

I also wonder that when we decided to have a baby, and i have the coil removed, how long will i be expreiencing these horrible periods and cramps and clotting? And also how long to wait before trying for a baby?

Claire