Does anyone have a name of a surgeon in St. Louis who performs the MIRP surgery for parathyroidism? The only information I can really find is Dr. James Norman in Tampa Bay, FL. Although it sounds like he's probably the best surgeon, there is really no way I can get to Florida.

Thanks,
Linda

Check KU Med center website. Kansas City

Just wondering if you ended up finding anybody in MO? My mother will probably be needing this surgery in the not too distant future and doesn't want to travel to FL either!

Hi there,
It’s not that I never heard of any good surgeon for parathyroid disease but I have never had this condition so I am not able to tell you any personal experience with surgery. The thing is that I can tell you few things that you need to watch for if you are going for the surgery. I think that the surgery is the only option to cure parathyroid problem. The thing is that surgery can last up to four hours. You should ask about after care of the patient. The fact is that you need to pay attention to the scar as well, because if I am not mistaking the incision is pretty big.
All the best,
Danella

AAES's surgeon finder yields these results:

Dr. Michael Brunt, St. Louis
Dr. William Gillanders, St. Louis
Dr. Bruce Hall, St. Louis
Dr. Jeffrey Moley, St. Louis
Dr. William Shieber, St. Louis

Did you try any of these, and do they do the mini surgery?