I saw quite a few posts before about finding surgeon doing MIRP in Colorado. How was your experience with your doctors? Can someone recommend a good parathyroid surgeon who can do MIRP in Colorado or west? I am living in Fort Collins and Denver Area. Thanks

I also live in Colorado. I recently had surgery with Dr Larian in Las Angeles. He is an excellent surgeon and is very kind and caring. The entire experience was very positive. It was well worth the trip. You can check his website at advancedonc.com or call 310-310-0361. He will be willing to talk with you and answer all your questions. Best wishes. mass

Thanks a lot mass for quick response. Dr. Larian seems not in my insurance network, which means I will pay more. Could you share a rough idea of the whole cost? Any consulation fee like Dr. Norman charges?

Dr. Norman was not in the network either, and I do not have clue of his cost. I have to consider how much I have to pay out of pocket. On the internet, someone recommended Dr. Chen in CA and he is in the network.

Thanks again.-getbetter

getbetter - My surgery ended up being rather long as it also involved removing one thyroid lobe and a very large thyroid nodule, so cost wouldn't be comparable. I would suggest calling Dr Larian's office and see what they can work out with you. They are very nice and very professional.

He will answer your questions without a consultation fee. Just ask for him to call you and you can send labs, etc ahead of time if you want. He'll try to be helpful even if you're not going there for surgery.

There are a number of excellent surgeons but choose wisely. I couldn't ask for a better experience than I had with Dr Larian and Cedars-Sinai Hospital. Best wishes - mass

Has anyone found a good surgeon doing MIRP in Colorado. Or has anyone used the doctors at UC Denver, Raeburn or McIntyre?

I have just been diagnosed with a parathyroid tumor. They just keep doing tests even though the tumor is on an ultrasound and the scan. Can anyone recommend a doctor in the Denver area who specializes in this?