Has anyone had minimally invasive parathyroid surgery in Chicago?  (Specifically, I am looking for someone who has removed 3.5 hyperplastic glands, while leaving half of one gland behind, through a minimally invasive procedure.)  Any info would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

I am also looking for surgeon in Chicago , any luck?

I am from Chicago. There may be doctors who to the surgery here....but no one is as skilled as the James Norman team of surgeons at Tampa General. You can get their information on line. I had surgery 3 weeks ago. Very professional and excellent in every way. This is ALL they do, and they are the best.

This is probably too late for both of you since it has been many months since you posted, but just in case it would help someone else-There are endocrinology surgeons at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. His name is Dr Cord Sturgeon. He also has a female associate, Dr. Dina Elaraj. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Dr. Steven DeJong, from Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood , Illinois, did my surgery and removed 3.5 hyperplasiac parathyroids. He was great

I'm probably too late as well. But, I used Dr. Dina Elaraj as my TT surgeon. She didn't even leave a scar. That was in 2009. I am now being told that something else has grown in and that I should see Dr. Steven DeJong