Does anyone know a great doctor who does the MIRP surgery in TN, AL or KY area? I've read the info on Dr. Norman from FL. I've been told of my calcium levels being high ( don't know numbers but will find out ) for about two years. Last doctor visit I was told my Vita. D was too low so Doc puts me on a 50,000 capsule, 1 per week for a month. According to Dr. Norman this is WRONG! I should also say I have not been to an endocrinologist at this time or had any other test. This is just the beginning and I may be putting the cart before the horse.

High calcium can be a symptom other problems too but you should have PTH tested. I recently had a parathyroidectomy and my advice is to find the best surgeon and go whever he is. You can find recommendations for a number of surgeons on this board.

Parathyroid.com is very helpful but there's a lot of disagreement about Vitamin D. You could also check out advancedonc.com for parathyroid info. I wish you well. mass

If anyone needs a PARATHYROID SURGEON IN THEIR STATE GO TO:

endocrinesurgery.org

This is the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons site. Click on "Membership," then "Membership List." The surgeons are listed by state and city.