I officially now have the green light from both my endo and ENT docs to move forward with surgery to remove the adenoma. I reside in Las Vegas and have narrowed down my choices to the following surgeons, not in order of preference:1) Babak Larian, MD, Beverly Hills, CA  - 14 years experience 2) James Norman, MD, Tampa, FL - 17 years experience3) Michael Yeh, MD, UCLA - 13 years experience4) Sina Nasri, MD, Las Vegas, NV - 15 years experienceI am trying not to let cost or distance dissuade me from making the right decision, however, Norman has, by far, the highest out of pocket cost (not covered by my insurance) out of all, but also has the most experience and does more procedures than anyone else. Larian is the second most expensive, and the other two, the lowest. Nasri would obviously be the most convenient and cost effective, as he is the closest to me, has a good reputation as far as I can see, but again convenience is not the main deciding factor here. Aftercare and bedside manner is important to me. There are enough posts I've read on this site that tell of Norman's falling short in this area, but one must consider his expertise. On the opposite end of the aftercare spectrum, Larian seems to garner the most kudos.It's a tough decision, as they all seem almost equally experienced and qualified and used MIRP.All input welcome!

Have you checked out The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix AZ?

Just wondering of your decision and outcome. Thanks for sharing

Dear guest. I have been diagnoised hyperparathyroidsm . I too will need the surgery. I live in Vegas as well. Since its been about a yr since you.posted,I am hoping you might read this and let me know how it all went and what surgeon you decided to use. Hoping you are cured and feeling great. Thank you.. Lyn

Looks like I may also have to have parathyroid surgery, also in Las Vegas. Would appreciate any follow up to the previous posts. Probably will go to Nasri, as he's a provider in my insurance group. Thank you.

Has anyone please found and used a very good dr here in Vegas for the parathyroid surgery. I need ut bad,but been holding off because I wsnt the right dr to do it. I am a huge fan of Dr Normans center in Tampa,but trying to find a local dr here if possiblr. Please reply. Thank you very much. LM

Where did you end up haveing your parathyroid surgery?

If anyo e on this site has had hyperparathroid surgery in Las Vegas,could you please post by who and the outcime,your satisfaction on results and so on. I must have the surgery and fo not have the money to goto Dr Norman s center in Tampa. Thank you all very much.. Linda

Sorry for my typos. Just need some help on finding a good surgeon, with lots if experience in parathryroid surgery in Las Vegas. Its getting worse. Dr Normans center would be the one of choice in Tampa,but insurance here wil not cover,so I am open . Would like to hear from someone that already had that surgery here in Vegas and if you were satisfied with the Dr who did it here. If so please give me the name. Thank you..Linda M.

Regarding hyperparathroid surgery...I have not had it yet. I saw 2 Ent surgeons here in Vegas. If anyone on this site had completed their surgery here in Las Vegas, please, please respond to me. I need it so bad, but I want obviously the best most experienced one here to do it. I am frightened to have it without knowing from someone how it all turned out. Replies would be so appreciated. My blood levels on pth and calicum have gotten higher and vitiman D lower.
Thank you in advance..LM...

Hello..Did Dr Nasri end up doing your surgery? If so are you satisfied? If you have already had the surgery please share who did it. I hope if you had your surgery you are feeling much better. I am still waiting to do it, as hearing it from people who have had it done, is the best way to make a informed decision. I really am at a point where I need it
Thank you..LM

I'm thinking about going to USC Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. I can't find anyone closer than Norman that explains the surgery to my satisfaction besides USC.

Did you get you go for your para thyroid surgery. If so who did you end up going to? I also need to have the same surgery and I have no clue locally here in Vegas who would;[ be the one. Any input also from anyone that had the surgery here would be so helpful. And if you are satisfied or not would be even better. I am so scared but I must have it done sooner than later. Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Very appreciated. I saw Dr Nassri because I live here in Vegas . Did you see him? If so what are your thoughts. I am so frightened to have this surgery done except by Dr Norman . My insurance will not allow me to go out os the state of Nevada. All responsed from antone out there that. already had the parathyroid surgery or has seen Drs for the surgery your responses. would be so appreciated . Thank you in advance. 1.5 yrs or so since I was diagnosed and I must do it.