I'm probably about a month or so pregnant and am planning on getting an abortion, already scheduled for the 22nd of this month. I've been doing what i normally do as far as drinking here and there (wine) smoking once in awhile.

We just recently filled up my hot tub and are planning on using it. I read it's not good to do so and the temperature in the tub is at 100 degrees right now. Considering that i'm getting an abortion, is it really necessary to pay attention to the restrictions set upon those who continue their pregnancy?

Thanks.

Hi there...

I work for an office that provides aboriton and reproductive healthcare.

MEDICALLY speaking, as long as you are having an abortion and do not wish to continue the pregnancy, you are free to engage in your activities.

Hot tub use, wine/alcohol, will not harm YOU when used during pregnancy.

Do you need any reccomendations on clinics? Do you have any questions?

thank you. i found your information quite useful. however my friend has posed me a question . . . everytime she drinks now, even one beer will make her sick. not drunk but vomiting sick. is this just due to her body reacting to alcohol differently due to her state?

This is interesting..Here is why.. Many women will unknowingly drink early in pregnancy, they do not realize that they are pregnant yet. Some women have said that they noticed that their personal tolerance for alcohol was lowered, or that it did not take as many to get a hangover and sickness.

Your best bet is to always drink with care for this short time period, have one beer, and if it does well for you then you can have another.

Pregnancy can do wierd things to your body, so just be on the look out.

thank you so much. i appreciate the openess considering the delicate topic. have a wonderful night everyone. it's hot tub time for me! yay!

A 6-22 week fetus will not feel pain, the JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL association explains this in full detail.

You can have ASLEEP sedation during an abortion, so the fetus will recieve this too, and thus it would not feel pain..IF pain was even an issue.

They do tear apart fetuses in early gestation, suction is used.

Hello There,
I was wondering how many days after having an abortion you can go back to the everyday activities. I practice kick boxing and having to wait 2-3 weeks will not be good for getting back into shape. In addition, what about drinking and going out after having an abortion?
Thanks

HELLO Zrgo..

It would be best to lay off the kickboxing for 3-4 days.. After you have an abortion, the more active you are, the more you would have cramps and bleed.

Basically, go on how you feel, and listen to your body. Women having later abortions usually are advised to wait 1-2 weeks to do strenuous exercise.

Last night ( God as my witness) I was in the hot tub for 45 mins...I didnt feel good and i switched to the pool...got cold and was in the hot tub for another 25 mins....when i got out the hot tub there was a shower of blood coming down my legs. When i went to the bathroom and sat down...a medium size brown sack came out of me ...my friend told me i just had a miscarriage......I havent gone to a doctor yet. I was wondering if it is neccesary to do so? If I dont what can happen?

P.s I thought i was pregnant but then my "period" c ame s0 I didnt think anything about going in a hot tub...then that happened.

Simple Blood clots are usually mistaken for a miscarriage, because they can look so freaky when they get large.

Take a preganncy test, it would be positive for 1-2 weeks AFTER a miscarriage, IF you had one. You should see a doctor in this case, it i important to ensure that your body is healing properly.

If you wish to prevent preganncy in the future, it would be a good idea to get to a doctor for BC.

i have a question... if you continue to punch yourself in the uterus really hard will it kill the fetus??? cuz i have a friend who does it and i was just wonderin if it will cause a miscarriage or if it will just hurt her...

She will only injure herself.

Why do you think husbands shoot their pregannt wives? They KNOW that beating will do nothing.

Why can she not just get an abortion?

Wow! Pieces of baby? Maybe they pulled out pieces of ur brain when u were born, but it's better to terminate a prg if it's in the baby's best interest? My parents are both disabled and had children b/c their parents were not pro choice....every single one of us (5 sisters...yes 5! Too disabled to know sex=kids) have struggled...2 to the point of suicide... U know if u are incapable of caring for a child...it's when it's being used as birth control that's the issue...not when someone makes a mistake...we all make mistakes...it's called being human. One abortion per lifetime should be allowed in my eyes...b/c if they don't understand the gravity of the situation the first time then they don't deserve the option.... U need to leave room for mistakes...the horrible peple will be weeded out by then

i have just recently had an abortion. i feel great an the bleeding and cramping has stoppped. My partner is home from work and planned a big hot tub get together and I really do not want to miss out. sicne the cramping, pain and bleeding have stopped is it okay for me to put a tampon iin just for the duration of the time I am in the hot tub? and is it okay or me to drink?