Hi, I always had a big mole on my left shoulder and I never had any problems with it, until last month. I noticed that it changed its shape and became darker. I heard that abnormal moles are dangerous, and I’m very concerned. What should I do?

You should immediately go to doctor. Any change of your mole has to be examined by a specialist. It could be nothing serious, but it could also be a sign of a cancer. That’s why it is so important to visit a doctor on time if you have an abnormal mole. However, most moles never turn cancerous. Most common changes of the moles are in shape, color, size, scratchy feeling, bleeding, pain, itching and tingling. Changes in shape mean ragged or blurred edges, instead of rounded look. Changes in color refer to red, black and blue pigment. All these things mean that you have an abnormal mole.