Hi. I have 5 or 6 big ugly looking moles. I want to remove them. However, I don`t want to end up with another problem - scars. Do you know anything about more removal with no scars? Is it possible?

Hi. There are many methods for mole removal, including an excision with stitches or with cauterization, a laser surgery procedure, and a shave biopsy. An excision with stitches method is used for removal of moles that are flat and flush, or suspected to be cancerous. An excision with cauterization is a method when moles are burned away. The wound will heal naturally. In a laser surgery procedure, moles are being eliminated by laser, and it doesn`t include sutures or cutting. So, the scar tissue will be less visible. A shave biopsy is a method for removal of moles above the skin surface. It will leave a flat, white mark. Sometimes, the mark may remain the same color as the mole was. Each procedure should leave you with minimal scar.

Well I had a mole removed using the shaving biopsy from my doctor about a month ago and the mole did not grow back this time, thank god. However, is my skin supposed to be reddish after the surgery, and how long will it take for my skin to turn natural?