Hey, I was diagnosed with mono about a month ago but i had symptoms a month prior to being diagnosed, it took me so long to get tested because i am a college baseball player and didnt really have time to see a doctor and i figured i just had the flu or something. It lasted for a while and once our season ended i went to the doc's and they told me i had mono and that i shouldnt being doing anything physical for a while. Summer is here and im feeling fine my sore throat is gone and my swollen glands are gone but the doctors said that my spleen is enlarged and possibly my liver and i just wanted to know that if i had a few beers would it harm me in anyway? I would appreciate your thoughts.

I have heard that mono and alcohol is not to be mixed, the reasons for which I am not entirely sure.  I would imagine it has something to do with the livers condition during this illness.  Personally, however, alcohol makes my symptoms worse.  I do not have pain in my spleen or liver, but I do get muscle aches and they are intensified when I drink alcohol.  But you should ask your doctor about your case specifically, just to be sure.

Im not a professional or anything but from my experience of having mono snd researching about it, its not recommended that you consume alcohol whilst your liver is inflammed. Alcohol is damaging to your liver and can cause it to be inflammed so if your liver is already inflammed and rhen you consume alcohol i dont think it would be very good for your liver.