Hi- I had mono back in March. I play soccer so I started working out about a month after being diagnosed (just doing little jogs every now and then) but I couldn't play because my spleen was still enlarged. This summer I have been training for preseason and the running/conditioning has been really intense. I was feeling healthy but the weird thing is that recently my abdominal pain is back. I get these sharp pains where my spleen and liver are after I workout or even sometimes after eating. I get them when I am going to sleep as well, if I lay on my side. It's really strange. I don't know if these are still symptoms from mono, or they could be something else?! Can symptoms really last for 6 months?

Mono symptoms can last for a very long time. I had an active case of mono from November to May, and even now, I still have the same old symptoms. I would go back to your doctor to see if you still have an active case, and then discuss the posibility of other illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome.

how many months until the spleen and liver go back to normal ?

I had mono for about six months, and had the whole spleen thing and that. I literally had to do nothing for the discomfort to go away. It was really boring and it was hard, but its the only thing that helps. And when you do feel back to normal, take it easy. Whenever I get really tired or worn out now, it starts to hurt again. So just try and take care of yourself.