I've been ill with mono for 1.5 weeks, got bloodwork done a few days ago, and the results came in today confirming the virus.

I am a 17 year old female, frequent (usually daily) marijuana smoker.

Approx. two weeks ago, I felt like I was coming down with a bug... swollen lymph glands, severe headache. I went out that night with a friend, where we smoked a small amount of some fairly potent marijuana. Though this seemed to cure my headache, I suddenly felt extremely ill to my stomach, and so I went home. When I got home, I ran to the bathroom and started dry heaving. This persisted for a good 2 hours, consistantly every 2 minutes or so. Finally a vomited, but I still felt ill, and was dry heaving for another two hours. The next day, I had a fever, which continued all week. I, of course, went to the doctor, and I then got the bloodwork confirming mono.

So..

The other day I was feeling quite cooped up, and decided to go out for a bit and we ended up smoking a little. It made me feel worlds better, but the next day I woke up feeling terrible. Later that day, I began to feel queezy, and then I vomited again.

Now I know that I may have vomiting, as my liver isn't functioning properly right now. But the two times I vomited were aftter smoking the marijuana.

Could this possibly be aggrivating my liver?

Is it a good idea to abstain from smoking marijuana while I have mono?

It would be wonderful if I could continue to smoke, as it really alleviates all my symptoms and helps with the boredem of staying in bed all day.

But of course, if its going to affect me negatively, particularly cause vomiting (which I absolutly dread) or cause a slower recovery, then I'm absolutly ready to completly give up smoking until I'm 100% recovered.

So, if anyone has any answers or feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!

my friend had mono when we were at college and smoking weed made her feel better (physically and mentally) and i don't think it slowed down her recovery at all.. just be careful as to how you're smoking itt so you dont spread it to your friends, dont put your mouth on the joint/spliff/blunt directly.. as for glass peices and bongs go i suggest you make your own for the time being

i smoke weed all the time and i got mono f**k it it makes me feel betta..but can u die from mono?

Yeah I have been a chronic weed smoka as well. My first mono symptom was a flaming sore throat which lasted about 2 weeks with some bad swollen glands. I got it checked out afraid that I had throat cancer or some s***. I was smokin right into the second week of the sore throat and I must say it was probably extremely stupid. I was trying to finish the bag and had been extremely bored on a boring spring break so I continued to puff as I rode a chair lift to the top of a mountain in Vermont. I quit after I finished the bag that day. Whether quitting has affected my wellbeing I'd have to say it probably has I feel a lot better, no sore throat, no bloody saliva in the a.m. either. In fact I thought the doc was full of sh*t once I finally went to get a mono test because I didn't feel fatigued or anything at all. Anyways, I quit but if yer really cravin some ganj I'd say bake some ganja cookies/brownies/bagels/pop tarts/whatever. Simmer an 1/8 or so in butter for 10 mins then bake it into any normal recipe, allow it to cool, consume an you'll be high all day without the bad effects of smoke in the body.

i smoked weed before i knew i had the mono then during and after. it didnt really do anything it kind of made me relax which made me feel more rested the next day. plus how long did i have it before i actually knew and it wasnt bothering me.

background: i've had mono for about 3 weeks now, getting better. i usually smoke every time i get ill. nothing better to do, right?

i'm 27 years old and my symptoms are different than most who get it younger. i haven't had the fever, and my sore throat is mild. what i do have is the fatigue, body aches, and a tingly discomfort in my left abdomen, just under my ribs (the spleen).

the abdominal discomfort gets worse whenever my heart rate increases. the spleen is swollen or overworked, increased blood flow makes it swell even more. smoking dope made it worse, so does coffee, so does physical activity.

so... smoking doesn't make me feel better with mono. it makes me feel worse. so i won't be doing it until i'm better.

my body is tired, but my mind is not... so i will want to go to sleep but can't. i have solved this problem by taking a benedryl before bed, rather than smoking.

but i tell you what, i can't wait for this sh*t to be over so i can have a joint and a coffee. :-)

i smoke pretty much everyday too and ive had mono for about a month or two im prety sure smoking anything will irritate your throat causing even more pain for your throat which will make you feel worse when your highs gone

I'm a 17 year old girl and I usually smoke weed a few times a week. I was just diagnosed with mono and my doctor said I had it for awhile before I was diagnosed. I've stayed home from school the past three days because I feel awful. Each day my boyfriend and I smoke, and I feel so much better. The weed gets my mind of being sick and it makes me feel better. It also makes me hungry, and I'm not hungry if I'm not high. Weed is a natural substance, and I think it helps many illnesses. It helps me.

ok im 17 also, and ive been smoking weed everyday for over a year. i found out i had mono like 2 months ago and i think weed is making it worse. whenever i get really high my glands swell up and its sometimes hard to swallow. this never happened before i had mono. id like to know if anyone knows if this is common with people who have mono or is there possibly something else wrong with me? ive dealt with this swelling when i smoke weed for awhile but its getting so bad im actually thinking of quitting. and its not that the smoke irritates my throat either because there is no swelling when i smoke ciggarettes, just when im high.

I have had mono for about two weeks now, I usually smoke everyday. The main problem is how bad your throat is, after about 30 minutes of being high it makes my throat even worse, so i would only recommend it if your throat isnt too bad.

I just got diagnosed with mono yesterday, but I'm sure I've had it longer than that. I'm a 19 year old male, I weigh about 140 lbs, and I've been smoking really potent marijuana for a few weeks before the diagnosis, last night, and today, and I feel perfectly fine, but there is one thing that has me worried, my mom, being the crazy over protective mother she is, says that when I'm on Motrin 600mg, that I shouldn't be smoking pot, she says there could be bad side affects, which has me nervous. Should I be? I want to keep smoking, but I don't know if what she is saying is true or not.

Im a 23 year old male and I been smoking alot of weed from the past four months now, I had some blood work done on me just the bigenning of last month that time i went for thats appointment I mentioned ot her i felt like sh*t and I was always tired my nose feels congested and my body just feels like sh*t in general I thought I was extremely sick or coming down wiht a cold I went crazy on strepsils and halls and buckleys, then, just today after a few weeks of me smoking weed and putting my appointments on hold due to a busy lifestyle I have, the doctor told me I have mono, my doctor actually have jsut told me that she found it thorugh my blood tests results, she mentioned everything was fine my kidney, my liver etc. etc. and also that I am way pass the stage of my throat swelling.

THIS WHOLE TIME I have always just thought it had to do with smoking cigarettes, and Im a heavy smoker, but today the doctor told me i am fine, but still getting another blood test done. my throat is perfectly fine she said, i just really needed alot of rest and sleep.
As for vomitting after smoking pot i never felt that, but I did feel squeezzeeyy.. ehehe so whenever i felt my stomach feeling queezy I always just thought i needed to eat or drink something like the ( munchies are kicking in ? ahhaha ). I drink alot of water when I smoke up high thats oen thing for sure, and I eat perfectly good food, i never had a problem with smoking weed, and I didnt even know i was going through the stages of mono.
As for the following day after smoking up weed, I dont feel any worse, yes i feel extremely tired but i just sleep.
During this period of time I just thought i was having a mild cold. my nose were sometimes congested, i had a bit of random muscle pains arm muscles is usually where I had pains or my legs. my throat would sometimes be itchy or sore as well, I still did my regular daily routines thinking this is all because of lack of sleep and from extreme exhaustion from work or catching a cold and flu since its that time of year.. but everytime i was feeling tired I did make sure I was resting,sleeping and that i was drinking alot of water specially eating proper food.
At the same time. I was and still is drinking and SMOKING up weed on my freetime, and having my daily cigarettes.
I didnt even know, but then now my doctor just told me I do not need to stay at home type of sickness, my doctor knows my background in terms of my lifestyle, she knows i smoke maryjuana and how my smoking (cigs) habit is and yet she told me you can still go on and do your daily routines, just make sure drink lots of water and rest well, when u can and sleep, she just told me to stay away from any contact sports, and be careful with sharing cigarettes, etc. or water(drinks), for now, till im 100% recovered.
I guess we will find out what the results are in a few days. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(((( BUT aside from this experience mono and smoking weed, maybe eveyrone is affected differently ???
)))))))

I guess we will find out what the results are in a few days.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
)))))))

im a 21 yr old male and i have mono smoking weed f**ks up my through just irritates the sh*t out of me i have a puss ball in the back of my through that makes it hard to eat or swallow.Ive had it for 5 days now and i still feel like sh*t my ears heart and about the 3rd day my fever broke i woke up in a pool of sweat. Drink a lot of vitamin c its supposedly helps ill try anything to get ride of the awful virus.

Had mono for about 2weeks now, the main symptoms are gone (i had a severere sore throat, massivly swollen tonsils, fatigue, painful swallowing.) I found smoking weed didn't help my throat at all and it jus made it burn, in the end i gave up the bud until my throat cleared up after about a week, iv smoked the odd joint here and there and havent had any major problems. I think it's good to get your appetitite up !

Lets hope were all better soon!!!