I’m diagnosed with colon cancer and need some surgical advice for I’m scheduled for colon surgery next Friday. I’d like to know what this surgery includes and how my life will be later.

Well if you are diagnosed with colon cancer the best advice for you is to have colon surgery which is usually effective. How your colon surgery will be alike depends on how much your cancer has spread. In case it has spread over the rectum or anus its most probably that you’ll be having two incisions one on your abdomen and another one near the rectum. At this point the cancer will be removed and in case if there’s no colon left enough then the “colostomy” is necessary. The colostomy is another type of surgery that demands third incision through which the colon is rerouted to the outside of abdomen.
This might be only a temporary solution. You should know also that after the surgery there’s possibility that your legs swells for your lymph nodes has been removed and the lymph fluid is unable to drain. But it doesn’t last longer than a few days. And after the surgery regular follow ups are strongly recommended which means that once in a year you should have colonoscopy.