Hi, I am 23 years old male and I was practicing karate for 5 years. I was very good in karate but I would like to try something with more contacts. I have decided to start with Muay Thai fights so I would like to know something more about rules in these fights. Thank you.

Hi, Muay Thai of Thai boxing is very demanding martial art. There are big differences between karate and Muay Thai because of strikes which are forbidden in karate. In Thai boxing you may strike your opponent with knee and elbow. Fights are organized in the ring and time is divided in rounds of three minutes.

As the other response said, Muay Thai has a range of different strikes than Karate. In Karate fighting competitions are often done on points, whereas in Muay Thai the winner might be by knockout or best over the time given for rounds.