Hi, I am 22 years old and I would like to start training some martial art. Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu are looking the most impressive for me. I would like to know your opinions about these two fighting skills. I know both of these martial arts have their advantages.Thank you.

Hi, my friend was training Muay Thai while I was training Jiu Jitsu. These two martial arts have different approaches so it depends of your affinity which one you will choose. If your nature is explosive and if you are fast and agile than I would suggest you Muay Thai. On the other side if you are more interested in technique, if you are slower but stronger Jiu Jitsu would be better.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is great for self defence if it is taught right and is also a lot of fun - a lot of focus is usually on ground work. Muay Thai will give you a great workout and is great for competitions, however many Jiu Jitsu people would argue that in real life most fights end up on the ground and this is where you'll get the advantage if you know what to do.