Hello there, I am a guy who is 22 years old. I would like to know more about polycystic kidney disease. I am asking this because my father has multiple kidney cysts. It would be nice of you to give me an answer as soon as possible considering a situation. Sorry to waste your valuable time.

I am so sorry to hear this because this condition might lead to kidney failure. This disease can cause problems on other organs, such as: heart and brain. There are many researches which may lead to more effective treating of the disease. I can only wish best of luck to your father.

Hi kirk,

Unfortunately Jimmy has answered correct about your question so there is no need to repeat his words. I would just like to add that polycystic kidney disease is, unfortunately, hereditary disease. So basically since your father has it you have 50 % chance to get it one day.

Symptoms of the disease don’t appear until middle age and this affects 1 in 1000 people in USA.

And unfortunately nobody knows what triggers forming of the cysts on the kidneys.

The treatment of the polycystic kidney disease is usually focused on controlling the symptoms and preventing the complications. Treatment usually includes blood pressure medicines, diuretics and

Low salt diet. And any UTI should be treated immediately with antibiotics.