These kids today are so complicated. I have been talking to my daughter always that she should be careful and not to drink. Her father has polycystic kidney disease. She is in risk of having it. But she doesn't think. Now she has urinary tract infection and yesterday she has been drinking. What can I do?

You must have serious talk with your daughter. If she is in danger of having polycystic kidney disease then she had to be more responsible. The long term alcohol abuse can have affect on worsening of kidney diseases. She should go to the doctor because the urinary tract infection can be one of the signs of polycystic kidney disease.

Hey Dun,

I can relate to your problem because my younger sister is a teenager and she is drinking more than I have ever had in that age! She is going out every weekend and all her friends are drinking as well. But she is good at school and she is doing housework as well so you can’t tell her anything!

If you have any influence on your daughter try to convince her that she could get very serious disease and that is something she doesn’t want to. Show her the pictures and real examples so she can realize what she is doing to her body.

Maybe drinking antibiotics for UTI will calm her down a little bit but make sure that she is not drinking alcohol while she is on the therapy.