I have noticed recently some new symptoms. I'm 18 and I have experienced the tingling sensations on my scalp, and right now I am feeling numbness there too. Isn’t it strange that I have numbness and tingling on my scalp? What can be cause of this?

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body. I suppose if it is on your scalp that possible causes could be seizures, or migraine headaches or conditions such as diabetes, underactive thyroid, multiple sclerosis, also abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body, vitamin B-12 deficiency, also toxic action on nerves, such as that from lead, alcohol, or tobacco.

Hello there valli,

Unfortunately like reames has already said this is abnormal sensation and it is usually cause of some underlying condition. It is going to be necessary to visit your doctor to find out what is going on. Maybe it is something simple such as B12 deficiency because most of the teenagers are eating unhealthy food which contains everything except vitamins.

If you are aware of your bad habits try to do something to change them, or otherwise it could happen that you get anemia and this can have some serious consequences on your health later in life.

I hope that you will check up yourself and that you will be fine. Keep us posted about your condition and good luck.

I had numbness and tingling in scalp along with ice pick stabbings. After 2 months of misery, MRI,pain meds that didn't work, the neurologist knew exactly..... Dangerously low B-12...... I'll never give up the B-12. That is what fixed my problem!