Hi, my 18 month old son hold his ears and cries when he starts pooping... He will come over to me and wrap his arms around me until he is finished... They were solid stools now it has turned into diarrhea and has an extremely foul smell to it... He has also recently had terrible morning breath... Is this normal? Is it a bug? Thank you...

o.O

well my 18 mo old girl does the same thing! she turns red,clenches,grabs her ears or hair, and gets stiff as a board when she poops. she holds me till she is finished crying/sweating. It has been an issue with her since birth. she has hard stools every now and then and I guess is trying to not poop them out now. when she is doing all those motions she its trying to hold it in, and wont relax her anus. I didnt want suppositpries or anal massage, so I have been using prunes and miralax in a bottle a day. via my doctor. it works pretty well if I remember to give it daily. now with your son I am worried. you need to take him to a doctor now. because if his stool has gone from solid to diarrhea and has a foul smell and yucky breath, this isnt normal as far as I know. may be more serious than we think. if you dont give him laxative or other solution than he shouldn't have diarrhea. and foul smells I have no idea....but it is best to ask your doctor.