2 months ago my dentist took an xray of my front teeth, one he said seemed to have a larger nerve then the other causing it to be more sensitive ( This tooth has always caused me problems, many fillings. ) A couple weeks later another cavity looked like it was forming, but stupidly i waited until i had time off work. Then about 2 weeks ago the corner of the tooth cracked from me hitting it. Now above the tooth under my nose is very sensitive and tonight i noticed a lump there, sensitive to the touch. My dentist appointment is on wednesday, and i've already started taking antibiotics assuming its an abscess tooth. Is this what it sounds like? I'm so nervous and anxiety prone i'm thinking the worse .. Will waiting 6 days, taking my antibiotics be ok or should i pay an extra 100$ to make a emergency appointment .. money i do not have.

sore tooth is a very severe problem as it causes high level of Anxiety and the pain is also unbearable. One thing which can be induced to help yourself is to put some ice on you  tooth and try to soothe it with it. It may hurt you a bit but only initially. if it looks bad you need to spare some money.