I'm 17 and I just found out that my boyfriend has benen smoking pot for a while now. I felt so betrayed and hurt that I broke up with him. He took it real bad and ignored me for two days at school. He then emailed me and told me that he was just mad that I broke up with him and that if smoking bothered me then he wouldn't stop. We are still not back together buy we talk everyday. We still have those very strong feelings for eachother. It's just so hard to be away from him. I want him back so bad but I'm worried about what my family will think. Any advice? :/

Sorry.. I mean he WOULD stop smoking of it bothered me

It's up to you if you want to continue with him.
If he really will stay away from it you will be one of the lucky ones.

I just want to point out that in most states what he's doing is illegal and if you are with him and he gets caught with the stuff you will be arrested and charged too. Being knowingly present where someone has drugs is a crime and you have to prove you DIDN'T know. That's a strange phenomena that was created by the use of pot many years ago. They began passing laws that turned our justice system upside down. One of the main features of our system for hundreds of years was that people were presumed innocent until THEY proved you were guilty. No more, thanks to the influx of marijuana in the 60s. Now they can arrest you and YOU have to prove you are innocent.

A drug arrest can ruin your life. There are many jobs you are not able to qualify for if you have been arrested for drugs.