i started dating this guy about three months ago. when i first met him i knew he smoked weed, but took it real lightly. i didnt expect us to get serious. but we did. i told him about how much i hate drugs, and that i didnt want to be deeply involved with a person that was involved with them in anyway. he understood and told me he would quite. that all happened like two months ago. well just recently he was telling me that hes been getting cold sweats almost every other night, and he gets major cravings. he says that its because hes been smoking for six years, and for the last two years he smoked all the time. he was high from the moment he got up to when he fell asleep. what im wondering is if quitting weed is really so difficult that it can cause cold sweats and panic attacks? i mean as ive heard weed isnt really addictive, only to the users mind really.

maybe im not really making any sense...im just lost when it comes to the idea of smoking and quitting. i myself hve never once tried any drugs, so i dont understand them. to me it makes no sense why anyone would want to do them, and why its so hard to quit. im not sure if anyone will get what im asking, or what im confused about. but i really would love a response. i want to understand what my boyfriends is going through, i want to try and help him through it.

I can relate my husband has smoked weed for 10 yrs on and off and every time he quits he goes through the same thing. There is hope though after about a month the nights get better and the mood swings start to go away and there is normally a better person to hang out with . Weed is addictive and you will have withdrawls just as with any other drug.

hey there,

i think you should write me.... if you want to know... i can tell you straight up almost anything you want to know about... believe me..****edited by moderator****

ashley

p.s. if you dont msg me, at least try to be easy on him.... it really is alot harder than you could ever imagine....i can make you understand..thru mail or i can call u or something whateva u like. good luck

i was a smoker and recently i could not stand it no more it made me think bad thoughts and make me feel like i was dying. i have been with my byfriend for 7mnths now nd he is addicted to the substance. i have wanted him to quit for awhile but i have noticed in my own eyes that it is not easy.
i found this easy for myself because it was either that or end up in the Nambour Psyco ward. i was diognoised with a mild case of schizophrenia which was trigered by weed.
the reason i wanted my boyfriend to quit was because i didnt want him to have the bad experiences that i was faced with, without my choice. i hated what i had to go through but had no choice.
all i wanted was my boyfriend to quit but you can not make them they have to be commited to do so themselfs.

some people can go through withdrawal and some dont

i know this because i did alot of reseach trying to figure out why i was expeirnceing this myself as of right NOW!

Yeah there's a lot of my friends who didn't get any withdraws like i did, but me i smoked for 9 yrs straight from waking up to taking a hit out my bowl before i slept. I feel the same way that your boyfriend did i was getting anxiety, feeling weird around people i knew for years, even my own family that i love more than anything. that when i decided its time to quit, it is really hard been getting cold sweats on my feet and hands the most. Insomnia is like number 1 for the first week but everything will get better after a month he will be normal but still have some side effects like waking up with a cloudy mind. I saw about the 4 mth he will be completely over it just do go back to smoking thinking its not the weed. If you don't do no other type of drug like me or don't drink and just smoke and you feel like this then there's no other solution but to quit smoking pot.

Quitting weed is the hardest thing any daily user can go through. I'm only 17 and have been smoking for about 3 years and I havent seen one negative effect caused directly by smoking weed. Getting caught 6 months ago ruined my life. My mom kicked me out and i had to live at my dads. My parents put me in a treatment center(non-residential) and I was forced to get clean for nearly 2 months. Those two months were hell. I went from proving every aspect of cannabis as a positive besides the fact that it's illegal. My dad ignored the doctor proof I showed him which pissed me off to the point where I was about to leave so he beat me to the ground and stomped on me. I was. Able to have my dad sign a contract agreeing to exercising for at least 2 hours a day, and completely changing his diet, if I were to continue to not smoke. Of course he broke the deal (I gave him 3 days to get on track). I texted him while he was away that I was going to smoke, and he told me that I was not going to live with him then. I took this as being kicked out. So I left and both my parents were threatening to report a runaway, so I went to my moms. I threw a fit of course, being off weed for 7 weeks. I threw 8 pennies, one at a time, not harmfully, as well as moderately trashing the place. I was arrested for battery an hour later. The was my limit, I smoked that week and cheated my drug tests for a few months until finally getting caught. Kept cheating. Got put on probation for the battery. And now I'm here. Once again going nuts without smoking. My parents f****d up. I was a great kid before this, smoked weed, held a 4.02 GPA, did school sports, and marching band. This last 1/2 year has put me through hell, my dad feels remorse, but doesn't officially admit to it. My mom, is CRAZY. She pressed charges for pennies, she admits they didn't hurt, but it still counts as battery. My sister got home from college recently(bringing home a 1.something GPA) and got caught smoking in my moms house. My mom, being the irrational b**ch she is, did absolutely nothing. Her original reason for kicking me out was that I risked he in-home daycare business, even though I wasn't even caught in the house. I hope your BF gets better, but my main issue is why would somebody quit this for depression? Ask yourself why marijuana is bad? Sure everyone surrounding you may have told you to say no to drugs, but has they justified it? This oxymoronic "justice system" is putting me through insane discomfort and depression. My main point is to research facts about cannabis, draw your own conclusion, and hopefully it will change, because putting someone through this kind of torture, is to me, almost unforgivable.

ROH24:   it is unfortunate that you went through all of that but you are only 17. right? so that means you are not even an adult to make your own decisions or even smoke regular cigarettes legally. no offense but it is a bad thing to be smoking pot unless you are doing it for a LEGITIMATE medical reason. not just because you were sneaky enough to get your medical card. not because you are stressed our or depressed. not because it is fun. I am pregnant and my boyfriend said he would quit for the baby. i was pround of him to make that decision on his own because even though i hate weed, i didnt wanna pressure him. no one likes that and it wouldnt be the best thing to do. but he set a date and quit on that date... for 4 days. then said he couldnt handle it anymore and started up... said he was sick of feeling guilty and we will all have to deal with it. i am 6 months pregnant and i have asthma... i know your situation but isnt it a little selfish to be forcing other people to deal with your addiction? especially at such a young age? i am on your parents side... but because i wouldnt want my little girl smoking... not because of your story.