My son has just had major foot surgery and I am not getting any straight answers as to whether he should or shouldn't be smoking pot. He is a regular user and says he will not give it up but I would like him to stop for a bit while he is healing. Are there any problems with the healing process if he chooses to smoke in the next couple of days/weeks?

Thank you, sjreid

I reckon that what stands for smoking cigarettes also stands for smoking weed. It certainly impairs the healing process.
There aren’t cuts made just in the bones but also the soft tissue around them like muscles and skin. All of them need to heal after operation and experience showed that smokers took muck longer to heal.
Because of the longer healing, smokers are also more likely to experience complications like infections, bleedings.
In those who smoke, blood flow is also impaired both to the heart and other organs, so quitting for a few weeks after the surgery would be a smart idea. Smoking marijuana is not addictive and there shouldn’t be a problem. The only problem may be the right attitude, especially in teenagers

Smoking pot usually occurs with underlying psycological issues. Your son doesn't seem to be dealing with life too well. I am guessing he has narcotic painkillers for foot pain. Add this to the hundreds of chemical reactions with pot smoking and he is a recipe for disaster.

Chemical for disaster mixing pain killers with marijuana????GET A CLUE!