i don't know over sensitivity is but i have read lots of comments about it. i think my child has it too. he is 8. well my child is fund rubbing his penis when i put him to bed or bathing witch is normal. i encourage it because its normal and helps loosen the foreskin. normally when i tuck him in for the night he would play with his penis no problem while the foreskin cover the glans but the problem is when he pull it back exposing the glans he says he does not like touching glans because it stings. no it does not hurt. it stings he said. even when cleaning it he would tell me that it sting a lot and very tickled by it so cleaning the glans take a great ordeal for him to bear we do it once a week cleaning the glans and foreskin inside with water while bathing. so when i pull it back showing the glans just a minor touch would send him twitching because it stings but cover the glans with foreskin he enjoys rubbing his penis. i think his glans is oversensitive. so anybody got same story? how do i deal with this?

First i think he is ok at if he can pull back the skin and clean he is FINE. the playing is normal at 8 years old. he may not know what to call the feeling he is havening is he play,s with hem self. yes it sensitive at hes age and is he get older it will get bater over time
By twitching do you mean hes penis is twitching or he twitching at 8 years old it normal to get erections is he is cleaning or playing with hem self he may not what to get a erection in front of you so he is moving to stop I take it he is able to have erection with out pain at 8-years old he may not what you to see hem naked or get a erection it almost time to give hem some provce is he get older and you need to tall hem some about erection and play with hem self to make hem feel normal i hope this help,s if you need more you can e-mail me gusdogmail-public@yahoo.com

jsave

I can't say if that's normal or not, but I only started pulling my foreskin back when I was in my teens because my mother never encouraged it. It took me a while before I got steadily touch it, but at the beginning there WAS a sort of pain. It was extremely sensitive and did not get better for a while. The glans just has to get used to not being under the foreskin. It'll go away eventually.

My son is 11 years old and I bath him. Also I babysit my friends's son who is 10.5 years old. When I bath my son, sometime he gets accidental erection and his foreskin retracts by itself but he got no problem with that as he could put it back by himself,
where as my friend's son has got bit tight foreskin and during bath time sometime he gets erection and few occasion his foreskin got retracted and he said it stings and he did'nt know what to do. So I tried to put it back and did'nt work but when I used bit of baby oil to gently pull the foreskin, it worked.
It does'nt sting for him if I use baby oil.

I would say guest three is sensually abusing the kid he is watching. At ten years old he deffinetly dose not need a babbysiter to be messing with his foreskin. He has not even started puberty, so he shouldn't even have to be thinking about his Pennis. I

When exactly DOES puberty begin? Why shouldn't he be thinking about his penis, he's been aware of it for a long time.

It is natural for the glans to feel oversensitive when it is first exposed, it has been well protected for years. Imagine how sensitive a girls clitoris would be if suddenly exposed. The problem with most American boys in the past is that their glans was deliberately and permanently exposed almost from day one, so their glans was dulled, as mine was.

Your son is quite normal. It is normal for the head of the penis to be quite tender because it is normally covered and protected by the foreskin.

There is no need to touch the glans at this time in life. Washing under the foreskin need not start until puberty and he becomes sexually active.

Just let him enjoy his foreskin.

It is normal for the glans to be sensitive because the foreskin protects it from abrasion. There is nothing unusual here.

There is no need for a boy to touch the glans because he can handle his penis by touching the shaft. It is not necessary to be washing the head until after puberty.

If he just keeps the foreskin over the head where it belongs, he should have no problem.

Hi Kudasai2

I think your son is perfectly normal. The foreskin is there to protect the head and keep it sensitive. It is not necessary for your son to touch the glans nor is it necessary to wash it prior to puberty.

Just tell him to keep his foreskin forward to protect the head.

how long do you rub the baby oil for?