my son's foreskin is tight when he retracts it there is a creamy white look to the head of his penis where he urinates.
He says that sometimes it hurts when after he goes pee.

Does he clean his penis when he baths. He needs to learn to pull the skin back and clean the head and skin. I am uncircumcised and I wasn't taught proper cleaning and had problems. If that doesn't clear it up then take him to see a dr. Just assure him that its nothing to be embarrassed about and its normal to get checked. I have an 8y/o son and I'm teaching him the things I wasn't taught.

Smegma is whitish as you described, and needs to be cleaned regularly.

Did you teach him to retract his foreskin and clean under it regularly?

My mother did it right from when I was born, on the advice of her doctor. Then taught me to do it for myself when she decided I was old enough.

Pulling the foreskin back as much as he can stand at least once a day and increasing the amount each time will stretch it so it's not so tight. He needs to be able to get it back behind the glans to do a good job of cleaning. Obviously if it's tight, this is more comfortable when it's not erect. Getting it back and cleaned before it becomes erect may be difficult to do at his age. Don't make (let) him feel embarrassed when he becomes erect as you touch him. Make sure he understands it's normal and nothing to be ashamed of.

Also be aware that the bare glans may be quite ouchie because of the foreskin protecting it from contact with the outside world. If you are going to be doing this for him, be very gentle about rubbing it with a washcloth. My mother always did it with her fingers and that's the way I did it until I desensitized it, later in life. If he's going to be doing it himself, at least tell him that it's normal for the head (glans) to be quite sensitive. But he probably already knows that. Oh, it's not necessary to use soap on it but if you do, don't rub it in and be sure to rinse off any traces of it before allowing the foreskin to go forward. If soap gets trapped under the foreskin it will be sore by the next day, trust me, I know. Just cleaning it with some kinds of soap will make it sore. I found that baby shampoo is about the only thing that doesn't leave me sore.

Its seems your baby is still unable to clean his foreskin properly. When he takes his bath it would be better if you go and clean just simply retract his foreskin all the way back and hold it there then use your other hand to gently rub his glans amd underside of his foreskin then splash some water and clean it nicely. Put baby oil on his glans and move his foreskin up and down4-5 times during night time when he is about to sleep. If you are unable to do it daily atleast do it thrice in a week so that you can retract his foreskin all the way back towards the base and expose his glans fully.

When you will retract his foreskin or touch his exposed glanns with your fingers he may get erection so make him sure that as as a mother you are doing this just to make his foreskin soft and retractable so that his glans can be fully exposed comfortably.

Never get him circumcised even if the doctor gives you advise because it is a very painful surgery and foreskin is a very important part of of the penis it protects and keep the glans sensitive.

It is uncommon for an eight year old to retract his foreskin at all, especially when he urinates. Why is he doing this?

It is quite normal for an eight-year-old boy to have a narrow foreskin that is not ready for retraction.It is normal to feel pain when a tight foreskin is retracted. If he stopped retracting his foreskin, would the pain go away.

It is likely that the creamy white look is caused by smegma. Smegma is a natural, normal substance to find under the foreskin.

Since his foreskin is retractable it can be washed off.

It is entirely normal for an eight-year-old boy to have a tight foreskin. The average age of first foreskin retraction is now known to be 10.4 years of age. Many do not retract until the teen years.

It is not necessary to retract the foreskin to urinate. I think most boys do not retract their foreskins when they pee.

The creamy white look is probably caused by harmless, normal smegma, which can be washed away.