Hi :-)... This is a bit long...but I can't find the answers anywhere else... I really need all the help I can get!

Okay, I'm 16 years old, female, I don't drink or smoke and am in good health. For that past few months I've been having trouble concerning the upper left quadrant of my body. (I'm just wondering about the problem I'm having with my heart really, but I'm trying to give you some information/background).

It's mostly to do with my left arm, chest, heart, and left shoulder. These problems are not constant and seem to switch on and off.

Left arm: Shooting pains all the way down my arm, my finger tips swell a bit and are tender to touch (tapping the fingertips directly onto a hard surface hurts)

Chest: I can take short small breaths, but if I breathe in, to say the normal extent I get pain over my left lung/rib cage combined with what feels like pressure on it, making it so that I can't breathe in further.

Sometimes I get other chest pains where it's almost crippling, and I actually do what you see in cartoons when someones having a heart attack. I sort of have to dig my hand into my chest and bend over...

Left Shoulder: I will get a horrible sharp stabbing pain in my left shoulder and can only put it in one position that will have minor pain until it goes away.

---------> Heart : I have what originally I thought were palpitations, however it doesn't quite seem to be the case. There are audible "popping" type sounds coming from my heart, sometimes just one, but occasionally it will sounds as though you have stepped on bubble wrap, making a succession of the popping noises. I can also feel it as it does this. Sometimes my pulse seems weak (sometimes non-existent in my wrist), and my heartbeat irregular.

On a side note...just in case this will help...I have begun to get short of breath very easily, I have been a strict vegetarian (not quite vegan) for 6 years, I have been depressed for 4 - 5 years, have mild anxiety problems (However I'm sure they aren't related to the "palpitations", and may have other mild mental health problems (but am not sure at this point in time).

I did go to see my doctor, but he didn't seem to care.

Thank you so much for your help! ... :-)

hi, i have had some of your symptoms except i did not have the popping near heart, butallmy joints are popping,my doctors are not helpful, they just bounce me back and forth between the differnt offices and specialties. did you get any diagnosis???

Sounds like Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, especially the bit about not having a pulse in your wrist.

Hi......when I was 14, a freshman in high school, i was walking to class one day and passed out. I was rushed to the hospital, with low heart rate, low blood pressure, and they concluded I was having heart issues. I went on heart monitors, and doctor's tests for months, and they merily said it was palpitations. I should also mention, when I was 14 years old, my oldest brother got killed in a car crash. I have suffered from panic, stress, and anxiety since. The doctors did every test possible on me, with no conclusions. Still to this day, 11 years later, if I am stressed or scared, or let my mind run away form me, I will get every symptom you just described. Pain, shooting and stabbing so awful, I have to curl up in a ball. Now mind you, you don't have to be thinking about being stressed to actually be stressed. Your sub conscience can play many many pranks on your body.

Hi
I think with any sort of problems you should always get everything checked out, even if you're being told you're fine by doctors. When i was 19 i used to get occassional chest pain. I went and had an ECG to check out my heart but everything showed normal, so there after I didn't worry about it. 2 months later I collapsed in a bakery and nearly died from a condition called Long QT Syndrome. I was VERY lucky to survive from the collapse. Usually kids don't know they have this until they're dead. It's a genetic condition but I was the first to be diagnosed in my family and it's something that's really hard for doctors to find on a ECG especially if they're not looking for it.

Basically my heart was beating so fast (ventricular tachycardia) that I wasn't getting enough blood pumped up to my brain. Therefore, causing me to "faint". The same thing can also happen if you're heart is beating too slow. I'm now 20 and have a Defibrillator/pace maker. I still get palpitations but the doctors think that this may be due to an electrical fault in my heart which they may need to operate on in a few months if it still persists.

You should get this checked out. Even if it isn't LQTS, at least you can rule it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome . Try to read this one