As far as I can remember I have problems with my sinuses. In the past two weeks my eyelids have been swollen. My husband is a nurse and he thinks that comes from my sinuses. What should I do? Do swollen eyelids have to do anything whit my sinus trouble?

Sinuses can sometimes be cause of swollen eyelids.
You probably have a sinus infection and that caused you to have swollen eyelids. I’m sure that only one visit to the doctor will be enough to solve that problem. When I had similar problem doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and after few weeks I felt much better. Visit your doctor!

I have had red swollen eyelids on and off since Sept. 2006. I also get red blotches on my face and neck. I have been to an allergist who doesn't know what is wrong. Has anyone had similar symptoms?

My girlfriend has been suffering from the swollen eyelids to rashes on her face and neck, we did a lot of research, after being to every doctor and not finding anything wrong, we finally hit the jackpot, its an allergic reaction to paraben found in just about everything all make up etc etc, anyway she stopped using it all, and at last its gone. hope this helps..

My eyelids is swollen and so are the bottoms (more the right that the left) it has been like this fir 3/4 days and gets better by the day and then at night it gets much worse! I have been to the doctor and they said they didn't think it was conjunctivitis but an alergy so they gave me eye drops (to be taken 4times a day) and a tablet (1 a day). But it still gets worse over night. JUST when I think it's better. I also now have a slight rash/exema like around my eyes making it itchy. What should I do?! It's embarrasing and I don't want to leave the house. The only think I have done different was the night before I got it I wore liquid eyeliner instead of my usual eyeliner and maybe didn't wash it off properly?! And 2 nights before that I tried a eyelash dye kit but the next day my eye was fine?! Unless it is usual for something like that to take up to 48 hours to react?! Please help! Thanks.

Could this be your answer? I'm copying the following post because it turned out to be the same diagnosis for me: "Doctors FINALLY found out my eye swelling, itchiness, and dry eyes was caused by strep germs--or staph, BOTH can do this to your eyes, and it's nearly impossible to tell which without a biopsy or something, but they are both treated the same way--with oral antibiotic. It is dangerous (in rare cases) to let this go on without treatment, for fear of spreading the strep/staph into the brain, my eye doctor said. For me, it took two courses of antibiotic pills to clear it completely up. I never knew until this that the same germs that can cause strep throat can cause eye infection! That, and staph, can enter your skin around the eye area through the slightest scratch or opening. (In my case, I suspect it was from my tweezer. Now, I sterilize it in the dishwasher once a week.) I tried over the counter antibiotic cream, and that made it worse. The doctor said I should have used ointment, not cream... but he preferred I just take the oral antibiotics. Also, because of the damage done from getting this more than once, I now have dry eyes. This good eye doctor I found who helped me discover the strep/staph (instead of just writing it off as blepharitis) also advised me to only use eye drops containing "cellulose" since that helps soothe dry eyes the best. Just like with blepharitis, strep or staph eye infections is soothed during healing, by soaking your eyes in clean bath water/shower as warm as you can stand it, and/or moist hot compresses, such as a soft washcloth and very warm water. Eye drops help the soreness. Anti-inflammatories of your choice (aspirin, ibuprofen) help the swelling and the pain. But if your body can't fight off the strep or staph on it's own, you will require oral antibiotics. Remember, strep and staph germs are EVERYWHERE. If they invade your eye, you will get symptoms and need treatment."

What paraben may I ask?