It all began one morning in April when I woke up and notice my right eyelid was really swollen. It didn't hurt, so I didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Once I noticed that the swelling was not going down I became worried.

Along with the swelling there has been drooping in the outter corner of my eyelid. I can not open my right eye as wide as I can my left eye. A few months ago I noticed a dark red busise like coloring appear on the same eyelid. It sometimes itches and flakes often. I made an appointment with my optometrist and he said that all he noticed was the drooping and that I should see a specialist, but other than that my eye looked and functioned fine.

I saw a specialist and she said that one of my eyes are bulging 3 mm farther than the other. She said I had ptosis (drooping of the eyelid), but she couldn't explain the dark red scaling bruise. I pulled/flipped my eyelid to see if I could see anything and I noticed a small lump under my eyelid. I can not feel the lump from touching my outter eyelid, but I am still not sure if it is a stye or a tumor. My doctor has been very unprofessional with assisting me with my eye issue. I am a college gradute without a job and health insurance. So it is very expensive for me to continue seeing these specialist.

Does anyone have a clue what might be going on with my eye?

Hi there I am reading your posts and I have to say that swollen eyelid is an interesting topic definitely. I faced that problem when I was in high school, so I decided ti see a doctor in order to resolve my problem. He looked at my eye and he asked me do I see some numbers on a blackboard, and when he was that my eyesight he diagnosed me conjuctivitis and gave me some creme that helped me after ten days. So it is my case actually one experience that is not nice, so it can be your case too but you should see a oftalmologist

Are you experiencing any other symptoms? You might have a thyroid problem!

I have exactly what you just described except my eye will run and I lose much of my vision at least every other day/night.Im going to a ophthalmologist very soon because the vision loss scares me! But Ive had the small ball...bruised color and droopy lid now for several months. The vision loss has been past 6 mos or so.