My father was taken into the hospital because of his sugar level rapidly increased. He is Diebetic Ketoacidosis and he never been in hospital before because of this. This is his first hospitalization with Diebetic Ketoacidosis and I would like to know when hospitalization is required?

My fist hospitalization with Diebetic Ketoacidosis was once when my ketoacidosis was so severe. They took me into the hospital so that they can control my condition. I‘ve got insulin replacement and as I recall fluid and electrolytes were replaced. The cause was infection in my case. Anyway the goal of treatment is to correct the elevated blood glucose level by giving additional insulin, and also to replace fluids lost through excessive urination and vomiting. A person with diabetes may be able to recognize the early warning signs.