Hi i am a 26 year old woman. My problems started 4 weeks back when i was having minor abdominal discomfort and bloating. One morning i woke up with a headache and had breakfast, strong coffee and a brufen. After sometime i vomited and it was a little blood stained. I went to the GP and he said that i may be having a gastric ulcer and started me on PPI. I took PPI for a week but nothing seemed to improve. I did not have any more episodes of blood stained vomit. But i started feeling very nauseated when i wake up in the mornings. I feel a tightness in my throat at times.I also have kind of burping all the time, occasional mild abdominal cramps etc. I hear growling sounds from my abdomen 1 to 2 hours after eating and specially at night and that keeps me awake. My stools keep changing every time. Its semi-formed or at times loose and watery. I often have around 2 bowel movements everyday.  I have lost my appetite and lost some weight also. My GP suggested me to have a few blood tests including Helicobacter serology. The blood tests are all normal.I had a urine and stool MCS done and that too is normal. I am worried about what to do next.I have also been under a lot of stress since the past 2 months due to some family problems.Please help

I know stress can lead to many many gastrointestinal issues.  You said you was on a PPI for your gastric ulcer but you only stayed on it for a week.  You need to give it a good 2 weeks to a month for it to feel like it is making a difference.  It is something that you would need to stay on for a longer duration to get any benefit from it. You should go back on the medication and see how you do after one month or so.  Also try to de-stress by doing yoga or any other kind of intervention that will get you to bring your anxiety back down.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am taking PPI 's now and it is making a difference. Also trying to reduce my stress.