Hi..Its nearly a week m having pain in my left chest. The pain is not so sever...it comes and goes (stays max for 20sec to 3 min). My entire left arm, shoulder, sometimes neck till the jaw line hurts. I also experience difficultly breathing. I had breathing prob and chest pain earlier in january this year too. Earlier the doc said it maybe due to stress and it just passed like that after few medications. But this time i feel its more severe compared to the earlier episode. I visited the doctor (another) again and he "suspected" me of having Angina but since i am thin and my Bp (100/70) and pulse rate was normal he just advised me to exercise. He aslo perscribed me pills for Gastric (if the prob is due to gas) and ask'd me to visit if no improvement. I visited again today since the pain dosent seem to go. I took ECG and report was normal. So he prescribed me painkiller--Zerodol(acelofenac+pcm).

M on pain killer now but no much difference. I am glad that i dnt have a serious ailment (like the doc said) but my confusion is that even after painkiller the pain dosent seem to subside much. Another thing is what could be the possible reason then? should i have pain killers everytime i feel the pain? like 5-6 times a day or so...:| :'( :'(

You didn't say how old you are. Also, to be absolutely sure if the chest pain you are experiencing has anything to do with Angina, it's very important to know does the pain happen after certain activity, exercise or meal? Since your ECG results were ok, your doctor didn't think that it was related to heart problems, but keep in mind that painkiller you were given, even though it's not addictive or anything, can potentially have dangerous effects on your stomach (even leading to the point of peptic ulcer), so you should take only the recommended dose (100mg twice per day). Are you still taking gastro medications?

Thank you for replying Nikols. I am 28/F. I get pain any time of the day.....i am most relived when i lie down or rest. i feel breathless when i run...walk fast. Sometimes my heart seems to be beating so loud also. I stopped the pain killers (500mg) cos it gives me headache and i feel m i have more prob breathing after having it. Yes m having pantop(for gastric) every morning.
I still have d same problem and pain but dont want to visit the doctor cos they dont seem to take me so seriously. Well i also dont want to have myself dected with a disease...i want to be healthy too but now my confusion is if everything is ok then why am i having this pain? what could be the reason!!