Hey,
I have a bump in my ear and I'm wondering what it is. It's pretty close to the hole in my ear. It hurts when i touch it but for the most part only when i touch it. I'm thinking it might be a pimple or a cyst? I just wanted to get some info on what it might be. Thanks.

Hi! It is probably a blocked sebaceous cyst just like any pimple on your skin.
Such cysts may appear on scrotums and vulvas as well, and usually are not painful but the one on your ear could be.

I suppose it is very hard because these inside the ear usually are. I had one myself as well.
It has been present for ages and one day my boyfriend just decided to pop it. He had to squeeze really hard, you could almost hear the squeaking sound and there was a lot of puss inside of it.

It is nothing serious and you may decide to pop it yourself or ask for professional help. There might be some bleeding as well. You could also leave it like that, it will disappear eventually but it will take ages.

It is not recommended that we pop it ourselves, because it may get infected (it probably already is filled with bacteria) but almost everybody do it on their own.

I have some kind of pimple on my ear which is very painful and seems to have puss inside should I pop myself or go to a emerengy center?

just pop it your self, anywhere you go will charge you money.

my doctor told me an easy way to get these annoying pimples to go away is to put hot water on a wash cloth and apply it inside your ear. you may have to repeat it quite for a while. i have one too far in my ear to pop, so i'm left using this method

I too have had pimples on my scrotum, in my nose, or in my ears. They have not been chronic, but you really know when you have one there. I have always just waited until the time was right to pop them myself. I have never hand any difficulty other than adjusting my fingers in the right spot. I am a clean guy and cannot think of a way to prevent them. I do not suffer from acne at all. Just pop em when then roll in. They do hurt because of all that pressure. It is such a relief when the pressure is gone.

! I have a huge lump in my ear! it doesnt look like a pimple, feels like a bee sting a little bit, but i cant even get it to pop, and i even tried popping it with a needle. What should i do?

I think you should go to the hospital and have it checked out!

I have this bump inside my ear and im scared. my mom wants to pop it, but what if it's a bug bite?
I have been seeing spiders lately, and im afraid. im 11. im shaking. shes going to pop it in a little while. what do i do?

I have something similar but it doesn't look anything like a pimple & never has. As a matter of fact it seemed liked it came out of nowhere.
I'm really worried, I don't know if its temporarily swollen or is it like a ear tumor from talking on the phone with my boyfriend too much. What should I do? I'm 13 & very scared right now.

Oh, my God, I had one of those. It got pretty big, but one day I was just scratching the inside of my ear and it popped, and out came the most unbelievable display of pus and blood I have ever seen. No biggie though, just a cyst. I haven't had one since, and it was in the same place as yours. The layer of skin it was under dried up and peeled off, like a blister.

I too have had a similar problem. But it's very awkward. It is somewhat on my ear lobe/entering my canal area but it seems as though it has risen upwards. Its very hard but isnt getting red in any way. I have had this for about 3 days and the pain is getting worse. When I try to pop it, it feels as though it is bursting inside my ear and I can hear it. What should I do? Wait till it is ready to pop or have a doctor look at it?

I get these on occasion and have found that taking a Q-Tip and applying pressure on the ear wall above/below where the pimple is located and swiping across or even rolling it over tends to pop it almost instantly. You may get a drop on blood but nothing that will last more than a few seconds. Just be sure to keep your ear clean for the following days and avoid putting your pinky or finger in there unless you have washed them.

its just a pimple. you people dont need to go to a doctor or the hospital. i sporadically get them in and outside my ear. just squeeze a little hard till it pops. you will hear it.

if you do decide to pop it I recommend using peroxide to disinfect the area before and afterwards and apply triple antibiotic cream like 2 to 3 times a day and cover with a band aid or cotton ball disinfect your hands and the needle thoroughly and DO NOT let puss fall down ear canal there will be a lot depending on size. It is best to go to a doctor to do it this way less painful they will use a numbing freeze spray or some other method. Believe me it hurts really bad like a gun shot to the ear!