my lymph node gland under my left ear has been swollen for about 4 days now, it started out small but each day has gotten noticeably bigger, my mother thought it was because of my wisdom tooth coming in, but the thing is is that it's not coming in, and i'm not having allergies like my dad suggested, so i was just wondering what it could be and if i should go to the dr. also my oldest sister about four years ago had to have her lymph nodes under her ears removed because of how swollen they got, it was believed to be cancer, i'm 16, she was 18 should i be worried?

Hi Rachael: When your lymph nodes are enlarged it means there is an infection and the most likely place is right below your ear actually! These are the first place doctors feel to see if they are enlarged! So there is somewhere in your body that is infected! So think if you feel hot or fatigued! It might be the flu or a cold, or a sore throat etc. If your jaw hurts and your throat you will need antibiotics to get the infection under control! Don't be worried, this happens ALL the time OK? Good luck and health honey!