I feel the same way when I quitting snorting OC's, which I did for about a year and a half, maybe 365, I didn't do it everyday, I quit for a few months, went back, but anyways, my house was broken into, 2nd time, stole my stuff, suboxone and valium, I can't sleep, headaches, my house could be a sun, I'd still be cold. Entire body is in complete pain. I started 8 mgs of SUB since June, today, Nov 6th will be the third day with nothing, and its hell. Doctors overprescribe any medication, to get more money for visits, etc. My psych charges $100 for every 5 mins I'm in his office, theyre crooks, its just finding one who isn't that full of it, or someone who is more conservative, any Arabic or Indian doctor, the ones I had were harder, but it helped, those who give you an easy way out will just make your FULL quit longer, when I mean quit, I mean not taking suboxone or hard drugs to help, some pot, a couple of beers, big deal, but don't mix.

In the 5 months I took it, the last month I only had taken about 5-6 mg's a day, but I see him tomorrow if I'm allowed in, I can't pay, I'm being evicted, my business partner is quitting the business, and I can't do it alone, work 7 days a week, those days are over. Those were the times I need a snort of OC to make work not too bad, I deal with cell phones, and customers, and its very different even being a manager to owner, where you depend on some bad people, not all, but a lot of people just wanna waste your time, but anyways..

How long has it taken for the withdrawals to totally be gone after stopping SUB at my or hell, any pace. If its a week, I'll live, but won't want to, however, my doc said 3 days, bullsheet, I'm going on vacation to Amsterdam next month after business is closed to get away from everything, I took drugs for depression, if anyone wants to talk, or can answer my question, contact me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I wish I could tell you it would be over in a week, but would be lying to you. However, maybe for you it will be different. I was on opiates for 10+ years, and after research located a subone program. I have been on it for over 3 years and had to get off of it because I missed 2 appts. with my doctor because I am working and in college and she is an hour away from me. Today is one week for me and I have no energy, and the GI business. The worst is the inability to think clearly, which is not good for a college student who is taking finals, and has a presentation due that she has hardly begun to work on. Nevertheless, after all that griping I am determined to do this. I just need someone to talk to during the bad times. Hang in there please.
Deniese

sub withdrawl is not much easier than any other opiate. It is is slow and drowned out compared to heroin. You will need some help to stop... It takes about 21 days to really start to feel better. It is not even close to being as bad as methadone, but people are finding out that the withdrawls are no walk in the park.

Good luck, and I hope you the best. When your doc said 3 days, what he meant is it takes 3 days for a suboxone pill to be more or less out of your system. That means the effect of the drug. If you have been taking 8 mg or more a day it can take 5 days for you to be at baseline, because it just keeps building up in your system. That is why it takes 3-5 days being off of suboxone to really feel another opiate.

It will not be over in a week. Maybe a week from 3-5 days after your last dose of suboxone. The long half life of the drug is the main cause of that. I quit suboxone a few years ago cold turkey from 4mg and it took about a month before I could sleep a full night. The withdrawal is not as harsh as vicodin or any other short acting opiate but it lasts longer. The hardest for me was days 6-10 (which was actually days 9-13) after that it got better and better each day. One thing I know for certain that will help and help in a big way is Clonodine AKA Catapres. It is a blood pressure med but is off prescribed and proven to help withdrawals from opiates. It helped me tremendously with the bone aches, restless legs, hot and cold sweats and to a point sleeping. So if at all possible go to your doctor and ask for some most any doctor will give it to you as a last resort go to the ER and ask, they will give it to you as well and maybe some other "Comfort Meds"

Getting off suboxone is not as difficult or as painful as some people maintain - here is a system that worked for me and subsequently many of my friends. The first rule is that you do it very very slowly - suboxone can linger in your system for months - yes months - so when you reduce dosages stay on that dosage for at least 1-2 months to allow you system to adjust. You have to fully adjust to each new dose before you reduce to the next lower dose e.g. Start at 8 mg ad go to 7.5mg stay there for 2 months and then go down to 7mg. It is going to take along time but this gradual adjustment will allow you to function and will reduce the temptation of a relapse - in my case to Heroin for 10 yrs so I did not want to go back. Once you get to 2mg reduce by .25 mg. From 1mg down you will then have to reduce by .125mg. To do this you will have to split the 2 mg tablets into 8 pieces (crumbs basically) and follow the 1-2 month adjustment plan. Finally when you have been on your last dosage (.125mg) for 1-2 months you can stop taking subs completely. If you follow this system the jump off is not that bad - I promise. I recommend then that you take a combination of advil, multi vitamins as well as milk thistle and st johns wort if you have budget for it. If you need help or have questions please post a response and I will notified by email that your question is waiting. Good luck good people and God be with you. The Subhelper 101.

Ok Subhelper,

How long have you been off, and are you on any opiate at all ?? I am almost at the .125 level and have 3 2mg pills left. When I take
only an eight of a pill, I end up restless at night. I have a Clonodine patch, suppose to relax for about a week. I want to jump soon, to
nothing. I have some methadone pills in case I can't handle it. I do have to get to work still. Are you saying it will be tolerable or have no symptoms if I get to .125 for a month or so. I am reluctant to use the methadone, but I planned to be on it at very low dose for maybe
5 to ten days. Like 1 or 2 mg to 'ween" the sub sumptoms
Give a hint of your email, as I may want some of your experience and advice. I have been on the sub about 1.5 year. I really want to stop.

I have been on sub for 5 mo;s, Doc had me on 24mg per day which was not needed ---he wanted me to keep coming in. I took 1/2 pill less evey week, and have been on 2mg the past month. This past week I took maybe a bit less than 1mg for about 7 days. Thursday morning was my last sub and its almost sunday night. I think its more mental. I had creepy crawlies the 1st night and a little aches, but nothing near what an oxy or opiate wd is. I am assuming that going on 4 days with no sub means I have had the worse. I think if you are down to 1mg, then .5 for a few days, its just minor aches like if you played sports. Do it on a thurs if you work, so you are still good on Friday and then if you are off sat/sun, just stay home even if you have kids. Thats my best advice.

It is my 3rd day off of Suboxone. I used Heroin for 4-5 years, followed by Methadone 2-3 years and for the past 3 years Sub's. Compared to Heroin/Pain killer withdrawals this is a walk in the park. Don't get me wrong, I still have chills, bone/muscle pain, diarrhea, can't sleep, no energy, depressed, the usual sheet. I hope that it will get better each day. I have some Clonazepam 2mg that are helping me to get those 4-5 hours of half sleep - you know what I mean that - half awake - sleep. For the first year i was taking 2,5 tabs- 20mg, slowly went down to 2, then 1.5, then 1. In the past year I took 3/4-6mg, then 1/2-4mg and in a last 14 days I was running out of them, and was sick of paying $200.00 for 30 pills, so I forced myself down to a 1/4 - 2 mg. I didn't get much sleep then either, but as soon as I got through morning swallowing of the 1/4 sub, zoom, good as new. First day was the worst, second day a little better, today a tiny bit better. I hope to get some sleep tonight, I feel much better with some sleep. Don't force it, watch TV, don't think about the chills, the pain, try to concentrate on anything to keep your thoughts away from the situation we are in. Not easy, but anyone that went through Heroin/Methadone/OXY's withdrawal knows that this Is not anything like that.
Keep your head up people, get off this sheet. Wish everybody Good luck and safe recovery. Hopefully this time I will get clean, cause I have a 3 month old son that needs his Dad. I could get some dope if I wanted to, OXY's too. But not this time.

Hey its day 8 for me and i have done it all for the past 5 years lost it all as well . But i am going to put the word out an make it My mission to let everyone knw this med is not all they say it was . It is very diff from what the doc said . It to can ruin ya . If u wanna know what will help the wd hit me up , i feel gr8 after two years of the orange an 14 mg a day ! o an i stopped cold

dident understand much on that last meg.......after cancer i was on every painkiller ther was but is was really just liking to stay high.....couldent imagine being sober.....been taking sub for the last 3 years...started on 3/8mg a day.now im forst into taking 8mg a day...1/2 morning 1/2 evning....im 31 and ready to kwit....got 3 kids and belive lost one 6 mounth year old baby girl that had a majer heart condion...she was taking vicoden///somas/// and god no what else....shes still with me and doint agree with getting off them,are want admit it.....how sory are we as parents....are kids are ire life beleave that.....but doc said at time it would not afect the baby....in my heart i doint beleave it.....she lies and steels my subs and valuims.love but cant trust her...she has a buitifull heart but addicition of subs are stronger than anyone will tell you..youll lose everything...no inserance then your scrud just to expesive.....im down to 1/4 of an 8mg in morning and 1/4 at night just started today 12/31/09.....im metaly ready to stop and went 3 days coldturky and could not take it....so now im going to try taking 1/4 a day and some valuim during the rest of day and night when i just cant stand the w/d...ill try to tell people if it helps the withdraws....

trying to kick sobo uh...body aches,stomach aches,sh**s,dizzieness...yea its not fun but i personally dont think its as bad as herion withdrawal...you pretty much have to deal with it i mean dont take another drug to help another drug from exiting your body ,your just switching witch drug your on and every drug in my book has its downfalls.well going threw withdrawal try putting some good things in your body...vitamins,water alot of water...eat good food thats not gonna upset your stomach...and in about 2 weeks you should be on the road to recovery.

I'd love to know how you did it? can you please let me know. I have to get a serious surgery and I have to get off the subs. Please help I'd love to know your magic formula. thank you!

Hey guest, I would really like some info from you, I have a unique situation of doosage and no more, feel like , well ya know

I'm on day 9 of quitting suboxone. The first day wasn't even that bad, I think I had just had so much sub still in my system, day 2-4 were definitely the hardest. I skipped work because of all the w/d symptoms, my gf who I'm quitting with, didn't experience very many of the physical w/d symptoms, which was good for me, because I had someone to lay on when I'm shivering, anyways, her withdraw has been more based from about day 4-7, now on day 9 were pretty much on the same boat, not really many of the terrible bodily stuff that has u sittin in one place for hours, uncomfortably, super cold even if u live in the desert, 4-5 hrs of sleepand waking up fully alert and start each new sh*tty day bright and early, we all know these things well don't we.. anyways, I've been working the past 3 days, its so hard but I'm making it, I have a lot of support there too. I'm the kind of optimistic person who could find the bright side in going to court normally, I amaze ppl with my raw energy, so now that I'm sittin here with no energy nor motivation its really depressing, which also isn't me. I was a basketball and track star at my highschool, and after I threw it all away to deal drugs and snort pills with my beautiful gf. Dream life right? Only if uve never withdrew before! Now as for the part where I explain what helped me with my main withdraw stages, honestly music, which i. Listened to constently, (I prefer rap) it made me remember my old self, before pills, when I was 100% happy doing all sorts of other drugs. Most ppl take forgranted waking up and feeling okay without a 8mg of sub like were use to. I remember that feeling, and focusing on that helps a lot, idk if u can relate to that, but Ive done a lot of writing when I was in this withdraw stage of my life, that way I can document some of my emotions that have been so haywire since I've been off sub. So ill never come back to this EVER! Clonadine helps a lot too, I went to my local dr office and just told her what I was going thru, she hooked me up. Oh yeah, probably the coolest thing to me was the fact that sex felt so much better, I guess I had been numb for years, looking back I never really received pleasure on 80mg of oc unless ur considering the first hr of doing the oc, anyways, those were the things I focused on, I know this is hard and different for everybody, but I'm almost certain we all were better off before it all, and now I'm addicted to getting back what I lost, why should we pay to feel normal? If you're coming off suboxone, and ur reading this, I'm right there with u, I know how u feel and ur almost there, ur definitely not alone and I promise there's a lot better use for those hundreds u pay ur doctor to not understand the pain of addiction anyways. Focus on something that makes u naturally happy, and get it back, were all passengers on the same life changing experience, we just have to go to that place to get to the new one, and we won't take forgranted waking up and feeling normal without spending hundreds, good luck keep going, I am .. my name is alex, I'm on day 9 of quitting suboxone, so is my gf kayla, were making it! Its only getting better !!

I'm coming off 2 mgs, after 4ish months. Was on Suboxone for a year but relapsed, on my second time around I cut back dramatically. Now I'm out, don't have the 200 a month for a doctor who does overprescribe for the money... Any tips? I do have trazadone 400 mgs for sleep, if that helps...