I STOPPED TAKING SUBOXONE ABOUT 9 DAYS AGO,I JUMPED OFF AT 4MG 2 IN THA MORNIN 2 AT NIGHT...I WAS EXPECTING HELL BUT DAYS 2 AND 3 WERE THE WORST,BY DAY FIVE I WAS FINE I HAD SOME CHILLS AND ID ONLY SLEEP ABOUT 4-6 HOURS A NIGHT.THE ONLY CONCERN I HAVE IS I GET TIRED SOOOO EASILY IS THIS NORMAL ITS KINDA HARD TO FUNCTION IN A NORMAL LIFE WHEN U FEEL HORRIBLY TIRED. I KNOW I SHOULDNT COMPLAIN IT COULDVE BEEN WAY WORSE AT DAY 9 I HAVE NO CHILLS NO RESTLESSNES I WAS JUST WONDERIN IF ANYONE CAN RELATE...ALSO I USED VALERIAN AND MELATONIN IN ADDITION 2 A TOTAL BODY CLEANSE I DUNNO IF THATS WHY MY DETOX WAS SHORT IN COMPARISON TO SOME OF THE OTHER STORIES

HOW LONG WERE YOU ON THE SUBOXEN?WHAT KIND OF BODY CLEANSE DID YOU DO?ALSO,DID THE MELATONIN WORK?

wow. i was just looking at the suboxone withdrawal info and saw your post at the very bottom...and YES i can totally relate to this tiredness, this lack of energy you're experiencing. the exact same thing is happening to me. i was on suboxone for around 7 months, tapered down to 2 mg and stopped...i was taking some tramadol for about 4 days to ease the withdrawals and that helped okay...but the point is, i've now been off suboxone for, well, probably about 20 days now and i'm still feeling off. leg, back, shoulder, arm cramps, actually the cramps are everywhere...and i just feel, well, tired. i don't have the energy i used to. i find it hard to get up and do what i need to do each day. please, does anyone have advice for us? my family and boyfriend seem to think its in my head, but i know what my body is feeling is REAL.

hey. I am on subs and made a huge mistake of falling off the rail again and taking other drugs (methadone) for a couple months straight, thinking i could just hop back into subs. Not True. What is true is all horror stories about "precipitated withdrawals". Anyways, i could go on all day about my whole story, and may be i will in another post, but what i wanted to relate to with you, is your sluggish, awful, most definitely NOT IN YOUR HEAD, feelings.. its called DYSPHORIA which can last anywhere from 2 weeks to months even. -After using or getting off the stuff. Ive read up and found that supposedly Exercise, vitamins, St Johns wort, calcium, sunlight, positive thoughts... can help. well, that might be all i can really recommend. Im suffering from it myself, and its very difficult on me right now, and im still ON the subs. Getting back on to them is doing almost basically nothing for me. I have jumped off the wagon quite a few time in the past, while being on my subs, but it was always with short acting opiotes.

overall: Methadone is the devil., and your feeling dysphoria, for which theres really no "help" for. Its allegedly something you just have to make it out of/through. Good luck. Ill be hoping to make it through, myself.. peace and love...

Hi all - just wanted to let you know that YES - excessive tiredness, malaise and overall dysphoria are definitely on the regimen of not only "jumping off" with Subs or even quitting with a taper schedule, but also if you derail off the wagon for awhile and then try to get back on the Subs.

My story : been on Subs for a few years now, been through a couple of doctors due to relapse. Anyways, recently this year I ran out of my Subs early and then jumped on the H train for 6 months, and thought getting back on the Subs would be easy - WRONG! I had jumped back and forth many of times before, but, this time was WAY different - it has been over a month now since I have been back on Subs and I NOW finally am starting to feel better - it takes a lot of time depending on your history. In the past, I could jump off Subs for a week and go all out with whatever, get back on Subs no problem; now, it is an uphill battle with all of which the aforementioned you all wrote describes.

I have also quit Subs, and lasted about 10 days, and did so with Dr. assistance, but the tiredness and overall cravings got to me and I relapsed, and after a long bout I just ended up back on the Subs.

This is just my story, and believe me there is hope. Just be careful with your opiate use (as easy/hard as that may sound), and remember not to make the mistakes I did. I'm still on Bup and it is working for me AGAIN, but I have played around with it so much that I think perhaps I should listen to my own advice.

I tapered myself off suboxone faster than my doctor wanted me to.
I went through about 5 days of absolute misery, no sleep and last
night I finally slept most of the night! I think it will only get better from here - I hope!

Hi. I've been playing around with suboxone for about 6mos.-not dr.prescribed,off the street, and recently found out that I was pregnant. I was off opiates for almost 2years-after a long term bout with heroin, then presc.pain killers, then methadone, then a horrific rapid detox hell! I want to get off the subs myself, and since I have not been on them that long, and don't take them everyday...anybody have any advice on how I should do this? I can go about 3 days without, then feel icky and buy some. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I really want to do this for my baby-I'm 19wks. Thanks everyone!

Hey,
Been off Suboxone for almost 5 full days now, and its not too bad so far. Been on them for close to 2 years now, started on 2 - 8 mg pills a day and got myself down to about .25 mg, for the last 2 weeks. The worst part for me is I cant sleep and the leg cramps at night are very uncomfortable, during the day its not to bad at all, except for chills . I find one of the major keys is too get away as much as you can from the same routine; at home, on the computer, wherever you associate your drug use with on a regular basis(music helps me alot also). Lots of vitamins and water to flush the system out, and enemas to clean out your colon( you can do a coffee enema regimin to not only clean out but help give you a boost), I know it doesnt sound pleasant but it does work.A colon cleanse program is crucial, this is were the main toxins camp out, and they need to be flushed out!! Exercise and stretching!! And you should also try to communicate with others as much as possible, I know that sounds painful to some of us but its better than sitting by yourself consumed by the thoughts of this hell your going thru and how to stop it with unhealthy thoughts. I hope this helps, Im still in the woods myself but I can see the sun and it looks wonderful!!!

Hi, i really wanted to reply to your post as I have battled painkiller addiction before, during , and after pregnancy and still have to use subs when i screw up and go off the wagon. I took vicodin before pregnancy procreational. quit then per dr.s request took it again during pregnancy for gallbladder pain. I weaned down slowly and ended up taking one per night up until about 30 wks and then one half until 32 wks. after that I suffered a little but not bad. I had to come clean and tell her I had a problem with them. TELL your dr!! I really believe that the health of the baby is at stake if you continue using any narcotic for full term. you have PLENTY of time to get off the train and with a drs help it should not be so bad but you have to do it soon. Otherwise the icky withdrawals you feel ... Well the baby will be born feeling that way. Neonatal withdrawals are cruel at best and not the way for anyone to enter the world .. as you know. Dealing with a baby in withdrawals would be pure hell for you as well, they scream constantly and have a chance of being born with low oxygen levels and are at risk for underdeveloped lungs. Just be honest with the doc. Life has a whole new meaning now and it really is about the baby, not so much yourself right now. After birth seek some counseling as the stress can cause relapse as it did with me. you will be fine trust me the dr. is not going to freak, but the subs may be worse than other addiction treatments for a fetus.

I've been taking suboxone (prescribed) for about 5 years. I'm now taking 1 mg a day. I want to stop taking them. What can I expecct? Will my withdrawals be as bad since I only take 1 mg per day, or worse, because I've taken it for so long? How long will I be in "hell"? How bad is it? I was taking them for percocet withdrawal......

Please advise!

it's so difficult to read these stories. You see 2 posts out of 10 that say sub is possible to get off. I was on opiates for over a year and half, then on subs for approx 5 months. i tapered down till a 1/4 of sub lasted a week. did this for 2 weeks. i'm on my third day and i feel better and better each day. def are in wdrawals but not anything like getting off opiates. i was crawling out of my skin when getting off opiates. first day of subs, had chills, no motivation, very tired. Second day, chills gone, just still tired and flu like systems.Third day, i'm feeling stronger not 100 perc there but i can see that this will be over either on the 4th or 5th day.

be careful, listening to everyone. it scares me hearing all those stories, i keep telling myself not possible. i almost start having increased w/d while reading these posts. ANyways, getting of subs you will feel flu-like symtoms for 3-5 day (low engery). I mean it sucks, but its def. tolerable.

I've been on suboxone for 1 1/2yrs, and have decided that I am ready to get off of it. So, I've been tapering from 2mg down to nothing over 2 weeks, and have been on nothing for 3 days. It's really hard. I am so sluggish, chills, sneezing (btw, what is up with the sneezing? I've always wondered why that is a withdrawal symptom!), but night time is almost unbearable with the restlessness and leg cramps. My friend gave me some muscle relaxers, which are actually helping quite a bit (they don't cloud my thinking either). I hope i'm over the worst of it, but I am tempted to go back to my doctor if this doesn't stop soon. I can't go on with this at night. It's so hard just getting up and doing day to day things. how much longer should I expect this? I know everyone is different...

I have been clean from the subs for 14 days now..I never thought it would be this hard. I am suffering for bad leg cramps. I cant sleep I can not do anything...I think I like the dope better than this...I just need to face the facts.....I cant fight this demon.

Man I really don't know about you guys, but i'm going on 72 hours right now of suboxone i jumped off at 8mg. do to a bunch of BS and i just decided to deal with it. Well i dont feel any kind of withdrawal symptoms yet nothing at all and im hoping it stays that way i eat lots of supplements and vitamins and work out daily i dont know if that helps im thinking bout cleansing my colon like the other guy says but if i feeel fine tommorow im not even going to bother i went from 20-60 rocxys a day or whatever i could get my hands on but usually avg. 30-30mg roxys a day and 100 mg methadone a day gotta love tha clinic =) well point is i went to subs 1 1/2 ago and this is my story so far suboxone seems to be a miracle pill ill come back and post again wensday morning to let u guys know how it went down but i think working out and eating supplements is very helpful especially N.O Explode which is like go go juice in a bottle oh well hope this might be informative to someone ive gained vast knowledge from the forum and am greatfull enough to post =0

Look if ya really wanna detox off Suboxone, Start by cutting ya doses in half & work your way down to a 2 mgs pill & keep cutting every 2 to 3 days, as 2 mgs to 1 mgs then to 1/2 mg & then cut the pill even smaller than that! like 1/8 mg 2 to 3 days & then cut it again down to 1/16th as small bead head on a pin like shape size 3 to 5 days & then take tiny tiny crumbs ,the size of a tiny pin head of a pin head needle ok and continue very slowly for about a week or more,depending how bad ya withdrawls are? I know it hurts like hell every time you wein down eveer further every time, yeah ya musles are really gonna be a hurting big time man, and start pushing time wise now even further, like, every 12 to 16 hours at a time, and keep going till you are using even less & stretching it out even longer, don't rush all this man, what ever ya do!!! You won't be able to walk man!!! the friggin pain willo be hurting ya whole entire body!!! the less you take at a time, the less the pain will be in your musles, don't trust ya doctors doing it thier way, coz they just wanna keep ya coming for apps every month after month to make money off you pal ya hear me!!!! they are liars!!! they shouldn't even be giving you Suboxone to get off paim meds, they should be giving you a Opiate blocker, and just an opiate blocker & nothing else!!!! I wish I knew this before they got my ass real good with this c**p suboxone!!!! its leeson to be learnt from our mistakes in life, we should all do our home work before listening to those dam doctors,coz their liars!!!! Trust me on this pal, they wwant you insurance money & thats all, they couldn't give a dam shitz about ya ok!!!! its only about the friggin money they76 want & to keep you addicted as long as possible as they can,that way they keep you a comming back & forth every single month ,you got that now!!!! Good luck & I wish you to have a painness free from pain as possible!!! detox!!! as possible!!!! God Bless now everyone & good luck on ya detoxing. !!!!